Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D212XLT vs. Epifani T-212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matthias, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Does anybody know how these cabs compare?
    I suppose both are on a very high level, soundwise and qualitywise but with slightly different characteristics.

Or is one of them a lot better than the other?

Matthias
    (yes, I'm still thinking of getting a 212 cab but still haven't seen one in a shop, except for a SWR Silverado combo... So why do I have this idea then? Because I love the sound of my 112 combo with 112 extension cab)

[Edited by Matthias on 12-28-2000 at 05:52 AM]

2. basspla915

basspla915

Mar 28, 2000
    Bangor, Maine
    My rig consists of an Aguilar DB 728 tube amp, Aguilar DB 680 preamp pushing Aguilar 2x10 and Eden 2X12XLT cabs. The 2x12XLT is fantastic!!! All the punch of a 15 but with the added clarity of 10s. I have not tried the Epifani but am very happy with the Eden.

Also am awaiting a Euphonic Audio VL208 cab...will let you know how that sounds!!

Bone

3. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Thanks, Bone.
    Just pushing it back to the top...
    Matthias

4. I played a D-212XLT Saturday, and I think it is one of the best sounding cabinets I have ever played through. It is very un-Eden-like in sound, and did not suck out all of my midrange. I think these things should make great cabinets for playing rock and roll. I'm seriously considering buying one soon, and another in a few months. How hard is it to take the Eden logo off of those things?

I would love to try the Epifani cab as well, but I would have to drive several hundred miles to do so. Oh well.

On a similar note, I have been auditioning many new cabinets lately, and the performance of this cabinet and some other 2x15 cabinets has only further confirmed my belief that 4x10 cabinets are hugely overrated.