Eden D410T cabinet issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Digity, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Ontario
    Today while playing through my Eden D410T I noticed an odd sound. I have uploaded an audio clip of it. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Attached Files:

2. Some people pay the big bucks for that growl. Then it gets a bit metallic. Is it just in the low register? Low volume?

Could be instrument disintegration causing a vibration? Maybe a dud tube in your amp.

Drivers falling to bits?
    Junk got inside behind a speaker?
    Guitarist left a pick jammed under some strings?

Can you play and listen up close to narrow it to one driver?

Digity likes this.
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Is the cabinet ported? Do you have young kids who like seeing things disappear into those ports?

Carefully remove each drive and check for stuff inside that shouldn't;t be there.

Digity likes this.
  4. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Ontario
    Narrowed it down to one driver. I upload a short clip to youtube showing what seems to be the issue, not 100% what it is though.

5. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Ontario
    Just seems to be the one that's having an issue. I posted a video in the post above this.

PS - nice to see someone on here from the same area haha.

6. Either it's blown or Luke Skywalker in miniature has decided to hide out behind the cone. Stranger things have been found lodged in baskets.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

That driver needs to see a speaker guy. Where about are you?

Digity likes this.
  8. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Ontario
    I'm in Toronto, I've been trying to find some places but no luck as of yet.

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Look up Santon Audio. They're off the 404 north of the 401. I've been using Bob for decades for my speaker repairs.

Digity likes this.
  10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I assumed that. I was wondering what area of the city. :D

11. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    Ontario
    My mistake lol, west end closer to Mississauga. I don't mind having to make a little trip for good work.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021