1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden d410t replacement speaker help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BobaFret, Oct 4, 2008.

1. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    I have a cabinet that is a little older and has been through many gigs in the past and has been driven fairly hard. I was thinking about buying a replacement for it but wanted to see if anyone could help with what speakers could bring it back to life. It seems to have lost it's zip and is pretty muddy sounding. Here are the exact specs.

Speakers EC-1060F Cast Frame
    Tweeters E-2700 Cast Bell
    Crossover 3.5KHz @ 18dB
    Power Handling 540W RMS
    Frequency Response 80Hz - 14KHz
    Sensitivity 105dB SPL
    Impedance 4-8Ω
    Dimensions 23”w x 23”h x 18.5”d
    Weight 90 LBS

I have the 8ohm model. I've read many posts about how you can't just slap any replacement in and expect good results. I also thought putting in Neo speakers could reduce the weight a little but don't know if the cabinet needs to be built for Neo speakers.

A side question would be can I make it a 4ohm cabinet by replacing the speakers or is there more to it than that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I tend to prefer a more modern crisp sound than an older school mellow vibe. I slap quite a bit if that helps.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Get the speakers reconed with eden recone kits.
    You can at that point get them changed to make a 4ohm cab.
    Some speaker repair companies still have cone kits in their stock.
    I can point you to a place if you are near Toronto.

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

First, are you sure your tweeter is working? If you can't hear it, check the tweeter protection bulb. These can burn out, shutting down the tweeter. Eden has replacements available.

Second, have you compared your cab to a new one, just to see if it's your tone settings---or your ears? Maybe there's nothing wrong with the cabinet.

Eden does make the 410s in 4 or 8 ohms, so the speakers are available new.

Be advised that when you change the cabinet, you also should change the crossover/jack panel. Crossovers are designed for a specific impedance. Your 8-ohm crossover will not work properly if the cab is reloaded and rewired for 4 ohms.

So you have to: 1. Buy new speakers or recone; 2. Rewire; 3. Replace crossover.

It's a pretty expensive proposition.