1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden D410XLT or D410XST?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Claypool45, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Claypool45

Claypool45

Nov 7, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    I've been trying out ALOT of different amps and cabs recently, and decided I really want to purchase some Eden gear. I have my mind set on a WT800, but I'm not sure which cab to buy. I liked the D410XLT, but I haven't tried the XST yet. What do you guys think? :meh:

2. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    ive only ever tried xlt stuff. I own the 2x12 xlt and i am completely satisfied with it. Although im not really happy with my hartke:rolleyes: still in the process of gathering funds for the wt550 but when i tried the 2x10+2x12 together through the wt550 with a warwick $$ i got an incredibly rich, growly tone. although it could have easily been tweeked to give an old school tone or thick hip hop tone anything you'd want really. Try them out for yourself, thats the only real solution.:smug:

3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    The D410XLT ROCKS!

I have the D410XLT and the D210XLT. They sound absolutely fantastic.

The D410XST is voiced lower and handles 1000w (different drivers) as opposed to the D410XLT's 700w.

HOWEVER...unless you really need the extra 300w power handling the lower voicing is really the issue (and a few more bucks). I have zero problems dialing in more lows on my XLT. And it's a bit less expensive. :)

Either way you will be getting a superior piece of equipment.

:D

Joe.

4. I have the wt800B and 2 xlt 410's. I had a warwick 4 when I bought the rig, and it was the best amp I had played, and I played them all before I spent that kind of money! I now play a cirrus 5 in an original metal band, which most of the songs are in b or c#. If I had known I would be switching to 5 string and doing this project, I would have looked for cabs that played a little lower than the xlt's 50hz, which the xst does. Quite a bit lower, actually.(36hz) Just my opinion. Either way, this gear is truly pro quality stuff that should sound amazing.

5. Claypool45

Claypool45

Nov 7, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with the D410XLT.

6. What kind of sound are you after?

I play modern rock and I have the d210XST under the d410XLT and love it. Also I have the WT800C

7. Claypool45

Claypool45

Nov 7, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    I like a warm, punchy sound with strong mids and a flat response. I was going to get some SWR stuff, but Eden gear sounds much better. :)

8. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Then the 410XLT should be exactly what your after. I have a 4 ohm version and its absolutely killer with tons of punch, growl and sheer volume.

I also have a pair of Eden 210 cabs, a 210XLT and 210XST. All three cabs are different from each other but the 210XST is a low end monster. Its deep and tight but has nowhere near the growl and punch of the XLT. Now together, the combination is really somthing.

I either run the pair of 210's or add the 210XST uner my 410XLT and have the gods of thunder roaring.

If I could only have one cab though, it would be the 410XLT. I compared it directly to an Epi 410 and liked it much better as it had so much more of a colored mid presence and punch. Of course its a heavy monster but I make up for it by powering mine with a 3.5 pound Shuttle 6.0

600 watts into a cab that handles 700 is a nice match. The efficiency of the Eden gear allows you to get a lot of volume with less power.

9. JMDT

JMDT

Jan 30, 2008
    Louisville, Ky
    The XST beats the XLT hands down any day. I'd gert the XST if I could afford the extra price.

10. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Baloney. The full stick.

It just depends on what you are looking for.

:D

Joe.

11. The XST has a flatter response than the XLT by far if thats is what you are after. I have the XST and use it for everything from rock to funk to jazz. PERFECTO!!!! Not as much warmth as I'd like from my GK tho. Will get a WT800 soon I think.

12. Rayle_Trail

Rayle_Trail

Jun 14, 2004
    Brisbane
    Im using an XST 410 with a WT800C, and it so far has been the ultimate in clean transparent reproduction. But quite frankly the enormous weight doesn't cut it for me! So I'm selling it and getting berg stuff! lol
    Are eden ever going to try and make Neo versions of their XLT and XST range? Someone write a letter.
    Rayle.

13. If you like the XST tone and want lighter weight, you might consider the Epi 410UL over the Berg410. It's closer to the wide, deep, open voicing of the XST than the really tight, punchy BergAE or HS (which, even though they sound more even than the XLT, are closer to that vibe than the XST tone).

The 410UL is a beautiful match with the WT800 also.

The BergAE and 410UL weigh about the same now (mid 60's).

14. 410xlt is a do all cab. Cuts thru a mix better than anything and paired with my Stingray5 is heaven. I also put a 210xlt under my 410xlt at times and it is a monster. I often use 2 210xst's at smaller gigs but i have to dial mids in often.

I tried the 210xst and 410xst side by side and I liked the 210xst better for some reason. The 210xst goes lower also - down to 30htz.

15. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    I haven't played a lot with the XST but, to my ears, it is a more generic, very high quality, hi-fi cabinet. It doesn't really have a voice. Of course, that may be a good thing.

To me, the XLT is the definitive Eden sound with the low-mid hump that it has. If you want that, you are likely to prefer the XLT.

16. i got an xlt a couple of weeks ago and i must say its amazing. either way your good. the xst has a ton of low end, i can make the whole house rumble by boosting the lows. im pushing 900 watts into my 410xlt and it handles it beautifully.

17. stingray56funk

stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I've owned both and the XST was my hands down favorite! I regret ever selling that cabinet. It was heavy and I was living in an upstairs apartment...but it was one of the best sounding cabs I've ever owned. It would take a ton of my Crest Audio CA-4! Tight!

PawleeP likes this.
  18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021