1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eden d410xlt vs GK 410rbh?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g-picker, Nov 17, 2006.

1. g-picker

g-picker

Nov 11, 2006
    has anyone compared these two cabs?

I own the eden and tried the GK, but never played them with the same bass/head so I am not sure of what I heard.:rolleyes:

I am thinking about buying a GK head, but I don't know if I should keep the eden cab or get a GK cab.

I am not interested in the GK biamp ability as I don't like tweeters so I always keep the tweeter level on zero.

oh, in case I get a GK cab, I am also thinking about the neo412, but I still haven't tried it.

any suggestions?

thanks!

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Can't comment on the neo 412, but I didn't like the GK410. I thought it was "cloudy" sounding. I did a gig a few months ago where there was a GK 2001 head and the 410/115 cabs and also the eden. In comparison, where the eden is midscooped, the GK sounded muffled. It wasn't necessarily dark, but was the clearest sounding cabinet. Also thought the Eden was more articulate.

During the gig I was playing a Modulus Genesis 5 with maple fingerboard, bartolini, pickups and preamp with DR strings. This bass is very articulate with a jazz bass sound. For my tastes, I didn't like the GK at all. Loved the eden. Had one forever. Sold it to get the Aguilar GS410, which is just slightly cleaner sounding than the Eden... similar but more refined