1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eden D410XLT vs. GK Neo212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g-picker, Jun 6, 2007.

1. g-picker

g-picker

Nov 11, 2006
    hi!

I currently own an eden D410XLT cab, paired with a GK 1001RBII head. I get plenty of volume and a cutting sound.

Anyway, I would like to downscale my rig and I have the opportunity of getting a new GK neo212 adding very little money.

I am playing metal with a 5 strings bass but we're going to switch towards rock and alternative in standard EADG tuning. So I guess I won't need so much volume and I could get a smaller and more portable cab. I also think that the bigger 12' speakers will help me getting a warmer and fuller tone, considering that I am playing a jazz bass with a pick - even if I can't complain about the low mid push of my eden cab.

I tried the neo212 in a shop but I can't really tell if that cab would serve me well, I should try it in a real band setting at higher volumes.

I know I will get less wattage with the 8 ohm GK cab and the eden cab has a higher efficiency.

What should I expect, in terms of sound and perceived volume, switching from the eden to the GK cab?

thanks for your help!:D

2. wiermabj

wiermabj President and founding member - Bass Newb Club

Jun 4, 2002
    Westminster, MD
    As long as you keep the stage volume reasonable you shouldn't have any problems. You might have to experiment with stage setup or aiming the cab at your head rather than the back of your legs. I use one and I am very happy with it. I can't comment on the sound differences between the Eden and GK.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021