1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden D610XLT: 6 ohms!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alcyon, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I was just drooling over the Eden website and noticed that their 6x10" cab has an impedance of 6 ohms at 1050w. What kind of amp would you use to power that? I've never heard of an amp that does anything but 16, 8, 4 or 2 ohms.

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I think that they claim it to be 6 Ohms, but it would actually be 5.3333 Ohms. But since impedance actually changes with frequency, either is only an approximation anyway.

But as far as what amp to use, nearly any amp will do. If you were connecting it to a solid state amp, I would connect it to the 4 Ohm output, and if it's a tube amp, I would connect it to the 8 Ohm output.

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    5.333 ohms has it...
    Just think of the resistance being inbetween 4 & 8 ohms... doesn't matter that its exactly 4, 8 or even 6.
    1st off... you'll probably only use that single cab vs. using 2 cabs. You won't need anything more than that.
    I use a seperate power amp preamp setup... use an amp that won't clip at the volumes you will play.
    The cab is heavy but its a classic cab that won't change every 2 years like these new lighter cabs so thats a plus in my mind.