Eden DC-210XLT Metro.....or.....WT-400 w/ D-210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zoom, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm giving the Eden stuff a hard look.
    Went to a dealer yesterday and was impressed with a D-210XLT & D-115XL setup.
    On my way out the store, I was given an Eden (2001) brochure. After all this, a few questions come to mind.

1) I was thinking of a WT-400 head w/ the above speaker setup. After looking through the brochure I noticed the Metro combo. Although I would really rather have seperates, the Metro has 2/3rds of the pie, and might save me a little money. Upon closer examination, it seems the amp in the Metro is kinda like an upgraded version of the WT-400!?!?

2) The speaker set-up in the Metro IS a D-210XLT, right? (Same porting, drivers, sound, etc...?)

3) Do the Eden amps give you an effects-loop knob to control blend, (like SWR provides)?
    [I guess it's called a "side chain" system, and to me seems like a good way to go].

4) Do the WT-400/Metro amps have an led that lets you know when you've reached the maximun power output? (I think there is pre-amp clipping led).

5) While at the dealer yesterday, I noticed a WT-800 head. It's faceplate, the thin plastic(?) panel was coming unglued. (I wasn't impressed with that feature, and was hoping the unit I saw was not typical). Anyone else have this problem?

6) Should a prospective (new) Eden owner be concerned about the "buyout" situation?

7) Almost forgot.... Any thoughts on the "Time Traveler" head?

And the hunt continues.....

----->Eden experts, help me out with the above confusion. Thanks.
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    first off, dont believe the "buyout" hype. dunno what the hell what was about.

secondly, i say get the WT400 head, and separate D210XLT cab. it'll be easier to manage. besides, later, you might wanna move up to an Aguilar cab, but still have that WT400 or vice versa. either way, you wont be stuck in having to sell the whole farm.
  3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I use a WT400 and 2 210T's and sometimes add a 1 15T to get a little more sonic boom.
    The 400 is a great head and you can't go wrong with Eden stuff in my opinion anyway.
    I like the seperate head-Cab way better.
    Play and listen for yourself, Your ears will tell ya what to do;)