Eden (DC-210XLT) Metro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Flees, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Hey,

I was looking into purchasing a new Eden Metro combo sometime in the near future, but I've been reading some mixed reviews on it lately. The sound quality of the amp seems to be consistently rated highly, but I have also read that it breaks down rather easily. I was just wondering if anyone at TalkBass has anything to say about the Metro or about Eden amps in general. Thanks for any help.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I had no problems with my Metro in the year that I owned it. I would probably still have it if some jerk hadn't stolen it, but I like my Peavey BAM210 better. That's what I replaced it with, when I got the insurance money.

Eden is as good as anything out there, as far as durability goes.
  3. I played a metro at the local store, and it sounded pretty good. I'm pretty used to the All Tube sound, and some FAT lows, so.. the amp really didn't appeal to my style, but it sounded good. Kindof Hi-Fi for my style, but still, very nice. I couldn't get the bottom end i was looking for out of the amp, and that would be my only concern. Otherwise, seemed powerful, sturdy, and sounded good for what it was.

I just would be more interested ina head and cab :D more easily upgraded :cool:
  4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Overall Eden amps are of a pretty good build, with the definite exception of the Metro. There have been major problems with it failing, I personally blew one up right out of the box, while still in a store. Eden is known for their absolute refusal to do anything about their own warranty/service matters too. I would be cautious before buying that amp.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ummmm......not true.

The folks at Eden provided me with over $100 of free parts on two seperate occasions. This was after the warranty was expired. The local authorized repair center told me that I had a warranty on the new parts, even though I installed them.

6. When did you guys buy your Metro's? I've heard that the Eden company improved when it was bought by Washburn, and the customer support got immensly better.