Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden difference

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Insighted02, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Hi,

What's the difference between the eden 2X10T and the 2X10XLT?

Is there a big diffence in sound? What is that difference. How similar are the cabs? How much "better" is the XLT?

Thanks once again...

-Anthony

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    You'll notice Eden has a specialy designed port system that has the air travelling a fair distance before it leaves the cab. The xlt has 2 of these ports (top and bottom) but the T only has one. I tried them both and bought the XLT. That extra porting generated a smoother bottom end, and it's actually very loud for a 2x10.

the T also has a smaller power rating, 250 watts versus 350 watts.

3. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    The T is an older type Eden Cabinet, rear ported. The XLT is front ported, may have a better frequency response. I have a 410T, don,t use it much, got a great deal on it, came with a padded cover for $250. Try a search here should be alot of info on Eden.

Hope this helps :)

4. Actually the 210T (older and newer) is front ported as Petebass stated. The 410T is not.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    *PollyBass waits on Munji's post that comes with every eden thread.*

I would get the XLT? I guess? i don't know, Eden blows.;)

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    For my playing, I would go with the 210T. It is a little less agressive sounding than the XLT. I just prefer alot smoother of a tone. The XLT will have a lot more low end.

7. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The previous posts and the Eden website will provide you with some pretty straight forward info.

I've owed both models of cabs and currently run two 2-10XLTs with a GK 1001rb.

The 2-10T is a very good punchy cab. It has a decent bottom with a punchy mid and snappy highs. The 2-10XLT, IMHO, provides you with more low end and more power handling capacity with pretty much the same mids and high end response of the T.

8. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Actually the 210T (older and newer) is front ported as Petebass stated. The 410T is not

T-Jay, Don,t know what front ported 410T you have have but i assure you mine is rear ported. Also the 410T is rated at 540 watts . I did take a look at the Eden site and the 210T is front ported on the bottom :D

9. DB5, I believe I said the 210T is front ported and the 410T is not (meaning it is NOT front ported, thus it is REAR ported). I'll try to be MORE CLEAR in the future.:D

10. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    T-Jay, Sorry My Bad :rolleyes:

11. Yes, where is munji? This is odd. Maybe he's given up saying the same thing over and over?

heh.

I have a semi decent munji imitation if anyone want's to hear it:

Eden's the best. Period.

Thank you ........Thank you very much. *bows* :D (no seriously, I could use his expert know how on this)

-Anthony

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You guys didn't hear?

Munji became a fulltime Eden pimp. No more time for TalkBass.

[​IMG]

brad cook

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Damn these eden pimps. so smooth. so classy.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I am Merely Here To Serve (pronounced "muh HUT tuh suh).