Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden E-mail Emergency!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gard, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I just spoke with Judy at Eden, she wanted me to get it out that their server has been crashed, and they've not been getting ANY e-mail sent after 10/2/02. If you have any customer service problems, please call them directly (763-675-3650), or call a dealer (we'll be happy to pass along information from Bass Central! :D) to get in touch with them. She said she'd be happy to return any calls passed along from dealers until the e-mail gets fixed. Please be patient with them, this happened at the same time that they are moving their offices! :eek:

(Mods, if this is out of place or out of line, just let me know - and my apologies in advance.)

2. Another happy Microsoft customer, no doubt.

I hate to say it (not!), but "I told you so" applies almost all the time here. My business is building and installing servers, including mail systems, so I'll wager they were not backed up.

There is no reason in the world to not have a GHOST image of the boot drive and nightly backups of the message store saved on separate disks. Short of catching on fire, a system backed up like this can be restored in less than a hour.