1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden E300T: Any Photos of the Inside Yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iualum, Mar 21, 2009.

1. TjD

TjD

Jun 15, 2006
    Mechelen, Belgium
    Mine has the Fx loop right under the tuner and FS jacks ( in :: -configuration).

I'm glad this fine amp will hopefully get the reckognition it deserves now! I love my E300T.

2. After a reunite with my drummer and both guitarists I'm more in love with my Ashton BV300 than I was before. You know an amp has balls when your always cutting the bass knob by a few notches! :bassist:

3. TjD

TjD

Jun 15, 2006
    Mechelen, Belgium

Best way to describe the E300T sound is that it reminds me of a Fender Bassman, also warm but with more mid clarity and definition. It may be not the best amp for very agressive sounds... SVT's, or let's say Orange amps, are the better choice then.

But that's only my humble opinion :)

4. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Guys. I just ordered one today for $809. I should have it in a couple of days and let you know what I think. I did hear they are going to metal grill for the new generation. The next move is to get away from that tweed looking cloth but I will most likely get a road case.

5. buftfan

buftfan Commercial User

Mar 1, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    Owner, Kohlman Bassworks
    Hopefully that metal grill will be removable from the front. I am thinking about re-engineering my front grill to be removable from the front. It would make preamp tube replacement much easier. Right now, you have to remove the entire amp assembly from the case, which means removing the back cover, taking off the four top corner protectors and then the four amp mounting screws. A little time consuming but not difficult. Just a PITA.

6. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    That's how I'd describe my Traynor YBA-200. More Fender Bassman than Orange and specially Ampeg.

7. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    I just got my 300T today and what a deal at $809. You cant touch anything comparable for that price. Ser #0808N0013. I don't know how long ago this was manufactured but all the tubes from what I could see are Russian made Electro Harmonics.

I was curious to see what preamp I had. The phase inverter or driver tube was a 12AT7, I only seen 2 other tubes up front right (when looking thru the back) with protective covers. I managed to get one cover off and that was a 12AU7 so I am assuming the others may also be 12AU7's.

Effects loops is on the rear along with the footswitch and DI.

I will be bring it to practice tonight and see how she plays. Thanks for all the help

8. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    Bump!!
    Any new info and thought from the new owners?

9. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    Its got plenty bottom end. Like Eden claims in the manual, you dont have to tweak the eq much. Plays great flat, but you cant do all that much with the eq anyways. And a one button mid boost is useless when compared to the Ampeg 5 position boost.

Its not the jaw dropping amp that one would expect from all these tubes but it is a great tube amp for the value of $800. The transformers and tubes alone would run $500-$600.

My Ampeg SVTII is finally repaired. Im more excited about that and also bummed out because if I had it repaired earlier? I would not have dropped the $800 on the 300T.

10. buftfan

buftfan Commercial User

Mar 1, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    Owner, Kohlman Bassworks
    I'm glad to see people having good luck with their E300 units. Me...not so much. I had problems right out of the gate with the gain pot. Then problems with the OD switch and volume pot. Also had problems maintaining tube voltage consistency on the KT88s. Would change constantly by almost 20% per tube some times. Basically just had a bad experience overall with this thing. My retailer, who is a repairman for other brands, contacted Eden about some things he saw on the inside, and they told him that it wasn't their policy to let Techs talk directly with retailers or repairmen...basically the outside world. Bottom line: the trip from China took a toll on the unit I received and I turned it back in for a MESA Boogie. And I LOVE that thing...

11. Hi.

The EH KT88s on my Fame behaved just the same for the first 10 hours or so of operation. In the end I needed to replace one, but changed a pair out of a RCA/Fender/Marshall/Etc. habit, without knowing exactly how the power section works.

The individual bias adjustment fortunately/unfortunately is a bit too accurate ;). Technically oriented people, like me, tend to be control freaks who like everything to be adjustable and metered. That sometimes poses a problem, "know more, worry more". The tube amps without the individual bias adjustments goes even more out of whack without us ever knowing about it when using similar cheapo tubes.

Now that attitude sucks for the Eden users, one would think that direct feedback back and forth would be beneficial for both parties. Guess Eden doesn't think so, at least in this case.

Well Mesa is in completely another league, congrats.

Regards
    Sam

12. buftfan

buftfan Commercial User

Mar 1, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    Owner, Kohlman Bassworks
    Kind of a bummer about the Eden thing. I have always been an Eden supporter. And I will gladly keep my WT500 (circa 1996). But new stuff...not so willing to go there anymore. At least not while Mesa is still made in CA.

13. IronRadio

IronRadio

Jan 8, 2008
    Let's hear it for $725. A new low price!!

:hyper: :bassist: :hyper:

14. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...let me know when it gets to $500...

15. bass7858

bass7858

Apr 11, 2009
    central florida
    where do u see $725.00?:eek:
    thats just about gettin to buy and try price.
    what kind of warranty does it carry?
    thanks

16. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
  17. buftfan

buftfan Commercial User

Mar 1, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    Owner, Kohlman Bassworks
    Thought I'd check back in after several months off. Anyone had a chance to play the new WTB300V? I am beginning to miss the idea of having the all tube goodness I wanted several months back. Does anyone know of any changes to this new unit w/r to the E300T? As I mentioned earlier I now have a Mesa Walkabout along with my WT500, but am getting the bug again for an all tuber. Also like to unload my Trace Elliot AH200 from 1994/1995 if anyone is interested. It's on eBay right now (as of today, 8-18-09).

18. jmpiwonka

jmpiwonka

Jun 11, 2002
    anyone have any more thoughts on these eden amps?
    got my v4b, has the right tone for me but i could use more power...

19. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have been using mine for several months now. I like this amp. I run it with my HT322 and it puts out some great tone. I have had no problems, the tubes were biased correctly right out of the box, they have not needed much in the way of adjusting while breaking them in, and it is easy to tote around. What is not to like? It is not close to 300 watts, but most people were skeptical of that anyway. I got lucky. I also got mine for under $700.

20. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    2015 Update- Since my last comment I would upgrade my opinion and say that the 300T is still running fine. Playing this through a simple acoustic 4x10" half cab and my music man stingray has produced many positive comments from people in the audience.