1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden E300t NOS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wyattsgroove, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hi all, I recently picked up a NOS E300t head and matching E series 410 cab. I've been lusting after the all valve sound/tone for some time and at the deal for the head and cab it was just too good to pass up( I basically bought the 410 Eden cab at a huge discount and the head was a freebie). I do know that it is a re branded smarvo/fame/Aston amplifier and you know I really don't care what or where it came from! I do know it does sound good, actually it sounds awesome.

I've done allot of research on this amp and outside of the negative reviews ( plenty of them, mostly based on speculation.) I've yet to find the tone stack on this amp.

If anyone is familiar with the tone stack or a way to help me find it, I'd be extremely grateful.

As basic as the EQ is and knowing how to dial in a great sound, I'm just not that technically savvy and would love to be able to find where the true "flat" is on this amp so I can easily dial in sounds when I hook up different cabs.

Thanks in advance.
    WG.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    If it is a three band eq, try max mids, min bass and treble, thats flat on a fender style tone stack, which is pretty common.

3. Thanks! I guess your prolly right as the only clue I could dig up is its based on one of three basic amp designs.

Fender
    Band-axial
    Vox

Wg

4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Baxandall and Vox tone stacks are two band, which will give it away. Stuff like the SVT which has a mid and a Baxandall stack have a seperate circuit for the mid, so lots of valves to run it.

5. Hi.

Welcome to the "Smarvo club" :).

For some reason I can't access anything but the first page of my threads, but there's the schematic for the Fame pre-amp which only differs on couple of components on the mid-control section.

The way I read the negative comments about the E300T is that people were POed by the fact that they were fooled to buy an amp for twice the price just for the Eden badge. And the Eden rep's insisted to the end that it was in fact a genuine Eden designed amp that just happened to be manufactured by a company located at the Far East.

You won't find many negative comments from the Ashton and Fame users, they pretty much knew what they bought and expected accordingly.
    OTOH, the people who bought the E300T's at a "discount" (for roughly the same price as the Ashton and Fame ;)) have been pretty pleased with theirs.

Enjoy.

Regards
    Sam

6. bassman blue

bassman blue

Aug 22, 2002
    Shuswap
    I picked up an E300T a while back. It was a manufacturer refurbished unit that looked and smelled new. After reading some pretty negative reviews I was a little freaked that it was going to explode into a million pieces, taking one of my eyes and left testicle with it... but no, it's been fabulous. In fact I'd buy another one or at least try to source one out if stolen. Tons of power and the biasing adjustments is a nice touch.

Anyway, not looking to get into the Eden love or hate game here, just thought I'd let people know that my experience with it has been awesome... rock on :bassist:

7. Needenaneden

Needenaneden

Feb 22, 2011
    I bought the E300T a couple years ago at a discounted price. I still have it and its still my favourite amp....so warm and growly! It's been reliable too.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021