Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Urbs, Apr 22, 2004.

1. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Are these two cabs even closely related in terms of sound? I hear great things about both but EBS seems more like a rock type cab but with loads head room. Eden has a more warm tone but their amp heads leave little in the headroom department. To give you an idea of the sound, Nothing with cab distortion and a good amount of head room. Want clear nothing muddy, any ideas?
  2. I tried both Eden and EBS....and i went with EBS....!!!

There's this big thing that EBS cant be warm and that is just lies....coupled with my Fafner Head its the most verstile setup ive ever heard...(4x10 proline cab)...

THe EBS cab tho..when crancked give a wonderful in your face sound....supurb for rock/alt indie/emo/hardocre type of stuff....the OD coupled with the HF horn give a supurb array of diffrerent sounds

The Eden i found to be really warm..and tight....and it was perfect in everyway..and it represented my GB very well...but the EBS made my bass come alive in a way that i havent heard before...not bk maskin the sound...i dunno there's just something about it..everyone who's heard it says how alive and forcused it sounds...ppl were goin on and on about ampeg and edens and stuff...and wrote off ebs cause they had never heard of them really (bk in the UK that is)

They are all coverts now..!!!!

But go with ur earws

But for me EBS all the way..and the EBS 8x10...is F-ing amazin...and will blow u away....and into the next dimension of bass playing...
  3. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I wouldn't say EBS makes rock cabinets, to me EBS cabs are clean/clear sounding and they are loud enugh :) :) .
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I sold my EBS 4x10 along with my Fafner last month. I really liked the cabinet. It's got an incredibly clear and focused sound. Don't stand too close with the volume cranked or you'll end up with a bruised sternum!:D

It's been a while since I've played through an Eden cab, but from what I remember, it was fuller in the lows than EBS but not quite as punchy and loud.
  5. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I have a 4*10 EBS and it s a perfect cab.Straight, clean and powerfull!
    It s not only a rock cab.
  6. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Damn, would have looked into that!

Thanks for the help guys, this is a tough buying decision for itll be awhile till anything new will come around in my arsernal.

But I will have to try both, but the EBS headroom seems awesome.
  7. goloa

Apr 22, 2005
    so can anybody tell me how does b-string sound on ebs 4x10 couse i see that it can go only to 70HZ :meh:

sound clips would be nice :)
  8. BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
  9. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    i played a 4x10 ebs cab and it sounded exactly like my swr goliath III. very clean and punchy.
  10. goloa

Apr 22, 2005

tough i still like to hear them ..

anyway i'm planing to play it with ebs hd350 head and i'm wondering will that be enough power for the 4x10 and later for aditional 1x15 ?
  11. I too own a Fafner head and proline 410 cab, most versatile setup ever (although I might add a 15", just for fun :D )