1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden EC8 Bass Amp NEW DEMO w LIFELINE PU

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rickwolff, Jul 1, 2014.

1. rickwolff

rickwolff Certified Gear Junkie, Amateur Adjunct Professor Supporting Member

Eden EC8 A. Eden EC8 B. I just received my little Eden EC8 Bass Amp - 11 Pounds !! Have just played my Breedlove ABG thru it so far and I have to say it sounds surprisingly good and loud. At $100 (or less) it seems like an incredible deal.

I really didn't NEED another amp (of course) but have been jonesing for something tiny and light. I think this little thing is going to be loud enough for stage monitoring at ear level for jazz gigs. I am going to set it up on a music stand with the book shelf laid flat, or if it works out I may get a bracket to attach it to a tripod mic stand.

Last week at our weekly jazz jam session I played through my GB Contour 500. I thought it sounded fine, but SOME people said the bass was too loud when I had it turned up enough to sound right to me. (Other people said the mix was just fine, so go figure).

Anyway, I've been wanting to get some little personal monitor up at ear level for some time so this should be a fun experiment.

I post a video clip later and compare to my GB Contour and my Phil Jones Super Flightcase. I have no illusions about replacing either of those, but for a limited purpose as a personal monitor or for quiet acoustic jams this little guy looks to be very promising.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Matt Birtchnell, JohnnyTog and Hallic like this.