Eden EC8 vs Ampeg BA108

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PhilUSAFRet, Jul 25, 2013.

1. PhilUSAFRet

PhilUSAFRet

Mar 26, 2012
    I am a beginning bass player looking for a decent practice amp that isn't junk. It appears that for $100, the Ampeg is the one to beat (according to the feedback I see online)The Eden seems to be too new for feedback to have appeared. Anyone here try them? Perhaps a bass teacher had a student try one. I questioned one forum where someone was sure the Eden would blow the Ampeg away. Since they are more or less equivalent, and the same price, I doubt it, but anything is possible. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    I haven't heard the Eden, but it looks to be close to the Ampeg, and is probably pretty good.

Eventually, you will probably replace you first amp, whatever you get. For around $100, You might look at a used Ampeg BA-110.

3. PhilUSAFRet

PhilUSAFRet

Mar 26, 2012
    Thanks, wouldn't say no to a great deal on one! I was looking at the Carvin Microbass 110 also......light and enough power for an add on cab.

4. BigDBass

BigDBass PWIYB!

I picked up an EC8. Not impressed at all, would not recommend it. Distorts at very low volumes with passive or active bass. Not uncommon for a small cheap amp, but I'd hoped Eden's wouldn't be like that.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I think the BA108 is a killer little combo. Despite not being very loud, it's got a sound. But I also have a BA110 and I use it way more often.

6. arai

arai Inactive

Jul 16, 2007
    Have you considered the Hartke kickback?

Bass V likes this.
  7. PhilUSAFRet

PhilUSAFRet

Mar 26, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I think instead of getting something too small, for a little more, I can get a 10" or 12" and be done with it as several have advised. Wish I could find a BA110 for $100 Wood

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    If you hold out for a sale, you may not get a BA110 for $100, but you may get one for considerably less than $180.

9. I think that if you get a BA108 for 100$, it will get you as far you can go with 100$ in bass amplification.

10. PhilUSAFRet

PhilUSAFRet

Mar 26, 2012
    Yeah, I think I've come full circle. I started out thinking this, and it's now looks like the better way to go. If I need a bigger amp, I can either mic this one into a house system, or get a bigger amp. Thanks

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021