Eden @ GC ... history.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Those knuckleheads over at GC apparently have dropped the Eden line. What a bunch of unmitigated doo-doos.
  2. i've never even seen a new eden at my GC, they've got an ocasional d-2x10xlt every few months, but thats it© WAY to much ampeg in mine© the only bass amps they got in mine are Ampeg, Ampeg, Ampeg, Ampeg, and a very very very small stock of mesa/boogie, with an ocasional fender bassman every month or so©
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What a bunch of idiots!

I guess they didn't sell good enough.
  4. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I own no Eden gear,and have no 1st hand experience of using it,but one of the salesmen at the GC nearest me once told me that a lot of the Eden stuff they sold in the past was going back for repairs sometimes several times before they stopped carrying it.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Funny, a local tubehead who works in a shop that sells SWR and Eden told me the same thing about SWR.

I will believe this particular individual before I believe anyone from GC.
  6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've never seen any Eden stuff at any of the GC's. I don't imagine that Eden gives them enough of a price break. And I'm sure since Eden is still a really small company that they couldn't keep up with the demand of feeding all those stores. Oddly enough though, Musician's Friend is still carrying the line.

I just love my Eden stuff and have a Navigator on the way, as we speak. I am extremely satisfied with the build quality and reliability. I've been inside my WT-500 and it is just beautifully built.
  7. I purchased my Eden WT-600 from a Phoenix Guitar Center in '97. I had to have a loose soldering repaired about 3 months after I bought it. I haven't had any problems since (still love that tone). I blame GC by allowing any idiot to man handle their instruments,gear and eqipment, not the manufacturer. I wouldn't suggest anyone buying a high end bass from GC unless he/she were to receive a huge discount to offset the problems that may be encountered. As it is said, GC is the "Walmart" of the music store world. Definitely not compared to Saks fifth Avenue!
  8. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I think the GC people read the "favo(u)rite amp" poll here and saw to their horror that Eden didn't get any votes...

9. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, Eden has its problems. I ordered an Eden cabinet from BassNW two months ago and still no word at all of when Eden is going to deliver, despite their saying it was being built a couple of weeks ago.

I have also talked to another Eden dealer who says Eden's dealer support is not very good, and I believe him.

Eden may make great stuff, but it takes more than that to have a successful business, IMO.

- Mike
  10. Hmm. Piss. What am I gonna play through now when I'm wasting their time trying out 15 different Warwicks?

11. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    My Navigator has been at there repair dept. for a month now (shorting master volume. which I've learned is a common problem). To be fair they said it would take a while.
  12. extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm pretty sure the GC-Eden thing had to do with GC wanting a bigger discount and Eden not giving in -- that "quality" comment is ridiculous! Eden is still a smaller company and orders can get ahead of their production runs; be patient...
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The GC nearest me has Eden, SWR and Ampeg. No mention of dropping Eden as of last week. I got an unbelievable deal on some cabs at the end of 2000. No complaints here.
  14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    An Ampeg SVT-2 PRO through an SVT 810. Or an SVT-3 PRO through an SVT 410 HLF.

Well on another note, anyone that wants an Eden should go to a GC because they will probably blow out whatever they have left in stock.
  15. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have 2 GC stores within 30 miles of me and neither has any newly received Eden gear since at least a year ago.So this must mean that the management of both these stores choose not to reorder any once they sell something.The store nearest me is down to 2 smaller heads,they sold their last cab,a 1x15,about a month ago.
  16. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for the insight.
  17. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    I have a question for you. How many of your co-works are idiots? It seems to me that at the GC by me there's at most maybe 2 people that work there that know what they're doing. One guy could barely speak english (it was funny though cuz this other guy there was wearing an S.O.D. (speak english or die) shirt), and the moron wouldn't stop playing the bass I told him I'd like to try. I finally asked him if he was buying it. He said, "no" so I said, "Well I might be! That's why asked you to get it down off the wall, get me a cord, and set an amp so I could try it. So if you wouldn't mind could you go get the other guy to help or just let me set up by myself! Thank You!" He just kind of slinked away. My guitarist and my Dad who were with me stated laughing their asses off. Maybe it's just that location. I think I'll try a different location next time and see if it's any better. But anyway, on the topic, the GC by me never has any Eden cabs and they only have like one Eden head which are made right here in Minnesota. Eden is a small company and I assume that's why GC's stock is low, and most of Eden's business is through places like www.bassnw.com and other smaller independent shops and companies as well as through www.musicainsfriend.com . Because they are small company they can't offer as big of price cuts as other companies like ampeg can. My GC usually has a lot of SWR stuff and Most of ampegs line. Although, the Mars Music store by me usually has nice selection of Eden stuff out but they never have any warwicks. Mars isn't too bad and they have most everything set up already so you don't have to deal with to many sales people and the ones you do deal with usually are somewhat helpful and let you do what you want. Are the people at GC paid by the hour or buy the sale?
  18. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    What's your source on this information Munjibunga?
  19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'm surprised about the comments regarding Eden being small and unable to fulfil orders. Here in the UK, the 3 main shops that I like visiting all have quite a lot of Eden stuff. That is, the Bass Centre and Gallery in London, plus Overwater in Carlisle.

When I was deciding what amp to buy, I was able to try just about every Eden amp/cab combination in the Bass centre in London. I then phoned up Overwater who had slightly cheaper prices and better credit terms and they said they could supply any Eden amp I wanted, straight away by mail order. I sorted out the credit details and got the WT300 in a few days.

So I could buy any Eden stuff I want tomorrow "off the shelf" - no problem!