Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Has Been Bought Out - HOAX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickbass, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    As of I think yesterday Eden electronics has been bought out by a former efficiency expert that worked for them. Bad news for the 2 owners of Eden .... Great news for us!!! Eden will be expanding from the one little shop that they have (ive been there its a tiny little shack) and building a new factory, improving manufacturing technique, putting out more products, advertising more, and lowering prices. In short .... There Is a God! :)

2. Hmmm sounds sketchy.... cheaper product means cheaper components and labour... possible degradation of sound quality, ,but maybe a turn for the better.... Lets wait and see.

Mikey

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I don't see that as a good thing! After Steve Rabe left SWR there was a big difference in quality. Frankly it scares me.......I always held Eden in high regard.

4. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I assure you that the quality will not get worse, i do not know how much better it will get but it wont get worse.

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    do you work for the company warwick bass? how do you know it won't get worse?

6. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    No I do not work for eden... but my best friend does. he was very woried that he was going to loose his job because several people got laid off so he was sure to get the full story on what was going on. the people that work there know the person who bought them, so in turn have a good idea as to what is going to happen.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    HUH??? :confused:

Ok, I don't work there, but I do work for their biggest US dealership (Bass Central). I find this very difficult to believe. I will certainly be checking out the veracity of this story at the first possible opportunity (i.e. Monday morning). I talk to Judy Nordschow almost daily, and she's never mentioned a single word about such a thing to me (of course this doesn't mean it isn't true...). As a matter of fact we were just discussing an Eden sponsored clinic with Tre' of P.O.D. this summer at the store, which both Judy and David are planning to attend as well. I find it hard to believe they would be making such plans for the future if they weren't going to be involved with the company in the future.

When Judy or David tell me this is fact, I will believe it. Until then it's just a rumor to me.

8. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I better get my hands on some good Eden stuff before they go mass market!

9. Efficiency experts scare me. If you want something screwed up, give it to the bean counters.

10. exactly, mass production usually means lower quality in the long run. Even if it starts out good, it will most likely turn out worse in the end. Of course i have real proof of that comment, just going off of what usually happens with this sort of thing.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    where did you hear this? do you work for guitar center?

12. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I found it very supprising that this happened also tho i dont know judy or dave, i have heard plenty about the way things go there. I am to the understanding that they are 3 to 6 months behind on there orders... that means they are not meeting the demand, they work 4 day weeks 10 hour days. And furthermore these people working there that make our awsome bass equipment are no diffrent than you or I. Im not bashing eden i use there stuff have moreof there stuff on the way and intend on buying more of it, but aside from some guy that useto work for nasa these people are nothing more that factory workers, they might as well be stocking the selves at your local wal-mart or handing you your order of burgers and fries. The quality is set on basic guidelines that you must follow in order to make an acceptable product. aside from buying cheeper speakers or glue that dosent work I dont see how eden could get worse, these people measure down to a 16th of an inch and is not a hastle for them,the process is simple, its just a matter of supply and demand. I am to the understanding that the way the product is built is not going to change, simply the ammount of product that is made is going to change. I am also to the understanding that eden has not made alot of effort in bettering the product nor pushing the product... if you talk to alot of people and say eden the go "eden?" say ampeg, swr, gk, or what ever else that go "oh ok". And another problem I have heard is that eden due to some of the lacking things mentioned above is not makeing alot of money (which explaines how they could get bought out). when i walk into a local music store i see maybe an eden head or two and if im lucky a cab. i see lots of ampeg and swr and maybe some gk's. how can someone who hasent heard of eden use there product and in turn give eden a profit? this seems stupid to me because eden is good enough (better IMO) that they can compete with these other brands if only they had the product out there to be tried out. I see this as a huge improvement for bassists and eden alike.

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i will ask again - where'd you hear this?

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i assumed from his 3rd post that he heard from his best friend that works there. am i off?

15. I am to the understanding that they are 3 to 6 months behind on there orders...

Harley Davidson is also 6 months behind in orders and has been for years. It means nothing.

...aside from buying cheeper speakers or glue that dosent work I dont see how eden could get worse

I wouldn't be the first time it's happened to a company.

I have heard is that eden due to some of the lacking things mentioned above is not makeing alot of money...

Just the sort of reason the bean counters need to switch to cheaper components.

...when i walk into a local music store i see maybe an eden head or two and if im lucky a cab. i see lots of ampeg and swr and maybe some gk's. how can someone who hasent heard of eden use there product and in turn give eden a profit?

The same might also be said about EBS, Aguilar, Acme, Genz Benz, Bag End, Pedulla, Zon, Alembic, Demeter, Hughes and Kettner, Pedulla, Glockenklang, Euphonic, Fodera or Epifini and they seem to be doing fine.

You're being pretty optimistic about the whole thing which is good I suppose, but Eden makes some of my favorite gear and I find it pretty alarming.

16. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Yeah, thank God for Aguilar! :D

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wonder if this guy has a name. no matter, this will be cleared up by monday.

18. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Two words....

Gibson.......Tobias

'nuff said :)

19. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
  20. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i like to refer to him as sir mojoman, king of which all is knowledgeable and worthy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.