eden has made a few changes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Feb 17, 2005.

1. CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    i never really seriously considered an eden head, even though they sound great. the reason was i would want a wt800 and they only bridge into 8 ohms. i thought if only they would bridge down to 4 like most pro audio power amps. well now it does. the new version of this head will bridge to 4 ohms so people like me who carry a single 4 ohm cab can run it at full power. and they've got a new model out the wt1205 that will sling 1200 watts at 4 ohms, and it has two selectable (and blendable) channels. has any one used this new head yet? i am quite interested in what initial impressions of this head might be.
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that's very cool that they upgraded the capability of the 800. the new head looks interesting too. however, for me part of the mojo of the eden heads is the semi parametric eq. generally it's not all that needed, but it can come in really handy at times.
  3. I have a 1998 or 1999 WT-800. It's been used and abused, and it's running strong. I really count on it working day in and day out and it's never let me down. That being said, I do contemplate trying/buying new gear, Epifani, Fender, etc...but after I try other heads, I keep going back to the wt-800. Not saying that the other heads are bad, I'm just really happy with my amp.I never really have to use any EQ, it pretty much stays flat, and I'm really pleased with the tone I get. The new heads WILL go down to 4 ohms ,and that's very COOL!!! I'm using an Avatar 212 cab at the moment and couldn't be happier. Even though they're owned by a different company now it seems that David (Eden) Nordschow still has alot of say within the company. Good luck.
  4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I dumped my WT-600 because of the silly impedance limitations. Oh well, better late than never!