Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden head + mesa cabs = ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i am curious to know if anyone has tried out any of the eden WT heads with mesa/boogie cabinets? how do they sound? i'm thinking of replacing my M-2000 with a WT800 but i havent been able to try it with my cabs.

:help:

2. The bassist for a band I used to listen to a lot "Homemade Water" ran a WT500>MB Diesel 210>MB Diesel 115.....It always sounded nice and punchy with a pulsing low end...I thought that it sounded good.

3. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    what are you gonna do with your m-2000???
    :D

4. Since I used both heads for quite a while (the WT800 first, then the past 4 years the M2000), I'd keep the M2000 and NEVER look back, unless you want to switch to preamp/power amp configuration.

5. I had similar thoughts of eventually having an Eden/Mesa rig.
    Also wondering about tonal possibilities.

Glenn

6. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    It's not the Eden/Mesa rig, but I heard this song from the band "Dark Tranquility" I think.The bassist used a Ampeg SVT Original and a Mesa 810.Damn he sounded good.I guess the point is it'd be cool try mix head with Mesa Cabs.I'd like to try that someday.

7. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Do cabinets affect the sound as much as I think they do? I always thought that it was 50% cabinets and 50% head.

Hey Jorg,

What cabs did you use the WT800 and the M-2000 with?

8. Thread deserves to be bumped.
    The man's question was not answered and I'm still curious about actual people that have above mentioned rig.
    :D

Glenn

9. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    yeap!!! i'm still curious about what he's gonna do with his M-2000! i WANT THAT HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawl:

10. At that time I used the M2000 with:
    Diesel 210
    Diesel 15
    RR 410 with 15 & horn

cheers

Jorg
    www.schroedercabinets.com

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    WT-300 + Poweramp into Powerhouse 15.

Whatcha wanna know?

12. How does it sound?
    (How much a$$ does it kick/does it kick as much a$$ as i think?)

Glenn

13. As I've stated above, I preferred the M2000 with the Mesa cabs over the WT400 and the WT800. It sounds more aggressive but still warm.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mesa cabs have their own sound, certainly. It's hard to describe the tone. It's very... toneful. It's not as warm as my all-Eden setup, but it doesn't play the warm/hi-fi game. I when I think of the tone, I think of water. I don't know how that helps in the slightest, but we're talking tone, so I think I'm allowed to be super-subjective.

15. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    thanks for bumping the thread i was about to do so myself.

hmm water. when i attribute water to tone....i guess im thinking thick and ballsy?

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ballsy. That's the word. Mesa cabs are ballsy. I used a Powerhouse 1000 for a couple hours, and ballsy is the perfect way to describe it. It's not a particularly "thick" sound, but it's not thin at all. They have this sort of grunt to them that's hard to describe, but sound marvelous in a rock setting.

If I was gonna do the rockstar thing, I'd get a couple Powerhouse 1000 RoadReadys. I'm also surprised at the low end response for a 4x10+1x15 jammed into one cab that's bigger than a 610, but smaller than an 810.

I don't know if I'd ever let go of my Eden 410XLT, but if I did, I'd go Mesa.