Eden head users: How do you EQ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer7770, Nov 17, 2003.

1. I'm just curious how you all EQ your Eden heads. Also, what style do you play? I'm currently playing pop rock originals and rock covers. I'm also considering doing something more Jazz-oriented. I have an Eden WT-400 going through two Aguilar GS112 cabs.
  2. FYI, I have just been using it with the EQ flat. I used the Enhance knob once, but I think I prefer the sound without it. I'm thinking a good EQ would be great, so I appreciate any settings you can provide!:) :bassist:
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't use my Enhance knob much either. It's funny... in the manual, it says that 'most users' don't use much EQ; rather, they leave everything rather flat and use the Enhance knob to tailor their sound. I find that the Enhance knob adds a lot of treble and tends to kill my mids, so I generally leave it low. I give the bass a little boost, turn the mids up to about 2:00, and keep the treble flat (if I think I need more treble, I generally resort to the Enhance knob). I find that the frequency range knobs are more for fine-tuning your sound than for totally changing it. I tend to keep my head settings pretty constant, and use my onboard active electronics to make mid-set EQ adjustments.

Oh, I play modern rock to classic rock to jazz... I use my pickup blend to add different flavors to my sound, and do little else, other than adding a bit of cut or boost to my bass and mids, depending on the style.
  4. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    The bass EQ is at 1 oclock and everything else is flat. The overall bass and treble settings change depending on the room. Right now in a large church the bass it at 12:30 and the treble is at 11:00. Enhance knob is at 8:00. This is using a Fury Tornado Bass through a WT-800, an ampeg SVT410, and an SVT115.

I'm playing rock, blues, funk and jazz. Since my bass is passive all EQ is done on the amp. Flat simply sounds the best to my ears. Lots of punch and warmth. I wouldn't trade my eden gear for anything.
  5. EQ is all flat. Enhance at 9 oclock.
  6. Which mids? Low, mid, or high?
  7. A boost at 800Hz will knock people in the chest. A great deal of punch at that frequency.
  8. Definitely. Is that the only frequency you boost?
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I leave mine generally flat, and tweak according to the room.
  10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Enhance at 9:00.

Low mids kicked up a few clicks.

Everything else flat.
  11. Thanks, fellas. If anybody else wants to share their settings, feel free.:)
  12. Same.
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Enhance maxed
    Mids boosted slightly (@1.1K)
    Everything else flat, 'cept for the gain; that and the volume depend on volume needed.
  14. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Usually flat. If the speaker cab at the venue is a POS, I boost the high shelving control to taste.
  15. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Pretty much the same here. I do tweak the general highs and or lows a notch or two depending on the room. I also tend to bump about 5K a notch.

I'm going through 2-Aguilar GS112's.
  16. Thanks, Rod.
  17. Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I run mine with the Enhance all the way down, bass shelving around 2:00 or 2:30 and the low mids (around 250hz) around 1:00. I'll usually cut the treble shelving a bit, too, depending on the situation. This is for rocksteady/reggae music, though, so it'll most likely be too thick for most styles. Have to reiterate, though, what others have said about how powerful the eq is. Bass past 3:00 is too much, even for reggae, IMO.
  18. I understand. It's a very effective EQ. A little goes a long way. I appreciate your post.
  19. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I'm running the Berg HT/EX 12" stack with the WT-550. Like many others, I turn the enhance to 9 o'clock and leave the rest flat. Sounds great. I have not played my Rumblefish out with this rig yet, Brian- only the Fender American Deluxe P. But I will be doing just that very soon!:)