1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden head Users: What Cabs Do You Run?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Count Bassie, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I just bought an Eden WT405. I'm really very happy with it, and it's pretty much become the center of my system now! Before I scored the Eden, I'd been 'building around' the speakers, which are Eminence Kappalite 3015s in trad-design TL-606 cabs. But I'm having a low-level paradigm shift here, and I think I'd like to optimize the speakers to get the most out of the WT405. I may have mentioned how much I really am digging the amp... did I mention that?...

A point to make is that it's not a hugely powerful head, so I think a more efficient cab(s) is the way to go- if I don't want to rack the amp with an additional power amp, that is. I kinda like the mere 15 lbs! :D

Great amp, by the way.

So what do you Eden players use for speakers, and how is that working for you?

Thanks...

2. You do realize that a pair of 3015's have a sensitivity of almost 104 dB/w/m? Which is stupid sensitivity for almost any rig?

3. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    No. I mean yes!... I posted because I used to have a pair of Bag Ends, S15-Ds, and they were small and great! And I just finished reading a post by a guy who has 'my' new-to me- amp and is running into the Baggies. So I got a wild hair and decided to look into it all.

To stand corrected is much easier than to go through more gear morass, so thanks for the note! I'm perfectly happy to stick with a plan...

4. I would retro fit the TL 606's in 1/2" ply with better bracing, dump the 3015's in there and rock out.

5. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    That has become, due in no small part to conversations here on TB, the outline of a plan. Meanwhile I'll haul these old things around, and I'll do it gleefully!

Thanks CL.

6. I gigged 3 nights a week for years with a WT400 and a Eden D410XLT4. After about 12 years the cab got tired and started to loose maximum output as the spiders and surrounds in the speakers got softer and the cones would bottom out when I really pushed it. I abused that cab for all those years and didn't feel like it owed me anything.

I now run a Bergantino AE410. It's a different sounding cab but I like it and it seems just as efficient as the Eden despite the different published specs between them... I always suspected Edens specs were a little generous.

7. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Innerestin'. Even though I'm newly-enlightened (again, probably) on these drivers of mine, I'd still like to hear about what else works, and how it works for you. I'm reminded that there's more to a system than specs from component-to-component.

8. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    How about an SWR Goliath Sr. Eden heads always sound great with SWR cabs to me.

9. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Nice idea, but too big for my situation. I tossed off a Henry the 8x8 for that reason- great cab! Too big. Too bad.

10. WT550 through a Berg HS410 here. Awesomeness ensues.

11. Mackluth

Mackluth

Jun 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I just got a Schroeder 210212L to go with my WT300. It sounds absolutely beautiful. It's clear without being brittle, and the warmth of the Eden really shines. I haven't gigged with it yet, but I doubt I'll have any complaints when I do.

12. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    The Eden heads sound great through Eden cabs. I run my WT-400 mostly through a 410XLT but sometimes through a 210XLT. Both cabs rock.

13. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    DNA DNS4X10 made by the man that made your amp . Def a match and loud as all hell

14. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    The Eden built cabs are something I'm curious about. I'll go look those up, thanks!

15. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    One consideration I'm having is weight. Also height, as I have portability considerations- but taller is better! I am on the page with a 215 build, as I have the drivers for a lightweight thing along the lines of what JohnK has done.

I'm asking anyway though, just because I want to have some roundness to my perspective. Might even change my mind... thanks for all the replies!

16. I had the WT-550 running an Epifani UL410. That rig shook the room.

17. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    WT800C into Eden D210XLT & D210XST - makes for a nice portable stack, also downsizable.

18. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    If I could run into a dumb deal on Eden 210XLTs, that might be something right there. Also the Bag Ends. These are all either small and light or manageable somehow, and therefore attractive for my purposes. It's probably going to be the wisest plan to keep my drivers and build a new light box around them, however. This of course taking into consideration that old remark about "the best-laid plans...", et al.

Again, appreciation to all for the comments and sharing. Great! Thanks!

19. Since you already have the drivers, it just makes sense to build something nice to put them in.

20. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    210xlt, xst