1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by waylon79, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Bought a WT300 a few months back, but have just now got a cabinet (D210XLT8) plugged it in for the first time and I'm getting nothing but distortion at a low volume. I've taken Qtips to all of the inputs/outputs, tried different cables, but nothing seems to help. The D.I. And headphone jacks have worked flawlessly since I've had it. This is the first time I've had it plugged into any cabinet since I've owned it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I can hear my notes, but they are distorted. Just to clarify that it's not only just distortion.

3. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    It sounds like there's something amiss in the power amp section. That's typically a symptom-I'd take it to a good repair shop.

4. nashman

nashman

Feb 11, 2011
    Headphones work - that's a good thing. Did you clean the inputs/outputs with something like DeOxit - or "dry". Are you using a Speakon cable between your amp and cab (and not a 1/4" instrument cable, right?). Have you plugged the unused 1/4" jacks at the back your cab?

5. It's a 2000 model with both 1/4in and banana inputs. So far I've only used dry Qtips in the jacks.

6. Might be the cab. Try a different amp?

7. Only amp I have 8( bought it off of Craigslist in Nashville. UPS delivered it today...

8. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    is there a gain knob and master volume??

9. Yep, I started with turning the gain knob up until the light blinked occasionally when playing a little harder. Once I found the sweet spot, I then turned the volume up to about 10 o'clock..

10. Yep, I started with the gain knob turning it up until the light flickered occasionally when playing. After that I turned the volume up to about 10 o'clock...

11. Yeah I thought this too. Also - try running the pre of another amp into the efects return. You need to isolate the problem.

12. Z-Bass

Z-Bass

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bad tube perhaps? I had mine do the same thing when the pre-amp tube was on it's way out.

Other options would be to check the effects loop jacks. Several people suggested checking this when mine was acting up.

13. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I have an Eden 400. I usually run the gain at 11:00 and the Master at 1:00 or higher.
    Is the 300 new ?If the gain is higher than the Master you may get distortion.
    Other things, Is your bass Active? Basses with hot signals can saturate a pre-amp.
    The cab? Is it new/used ?
    Speaker cables, check them out, try multiple ones, this is usually one of the biggest issues in a signal chain.
    You bought some really good gear that holds up well, 14 years for me.
    Good luck

14. OK. It just occurred to me- is your bass active? Try a new battery? If no love.....Could you take your amp to a music store to try a different cab? Just tell sales guy you are interested in a cab, and give it a whirl.

15. 97' Am Standard Jazz (passive)

16. The WT300 is a 95' model, the cab is a 2000' model! Both are pre-buyout 8)

17. I'll be taking both head and can to my local repair shop, thanks to everyone for your advice, you guys are awesome!

18. Almost certainly the best thing to do.

19. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    dmusic148 pointed out a very often overlooked issue on
    Active bass, dead battery. happened to me twice.

20. That does nothing.

You need contact cleaner like Caig DeOxit. Spray it into each input/output and run a cable in/out a couple of times.

Pay special attention to the effects send/return jacks.