EDEN Highwayman

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockFiend, Dec 20, 2001.

1. RockFiend

Aug 23, 2000
    I need a monstrous loud amp with solid tone, will an Eden Highwayman 500, and an Eden 4x10XLT(4ohm vers.) knock me on my ass, I want head room galore i can't normally handle solid state clipping, which just recently happened when i tried out an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro this weekend... someone tell me I'll never need another rig if i get that eden setup....
    Any info about that rig setup is welcomed, please
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If you buy that rig, sooner or later you're gonna want a WT-800. Might as well get it now. THEN some of us will tell you what you want to hear.
  3. I think the WT500 only bridges into 8 ohms so you could only use one side and get 250 watts into a 4ohm 410XLT.Loud, but not knock you on your ass loud.Two 4 ohm 410XLTs,one on each side,would give you the full 500 watts and probably knock you on your ass.An 8 ohm 410XLT could be run in the bridged mode for the full 500 watt also and come close to knocking you on your ass.If you really want to get knocked on your ass,do like Munjibunga says and get a WT800.Or find the biggest guy in a club your playing in and piss on his leg.
  4. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I have a WT-500 with a 410XLT (8ohm) that I use in the bridge mode. If you're a one cabinet guy (like me) that is THE most versaltie rig you can get. But don't forget that you need to have a 410XLT 8 ohm to take advantage of the bridged power.
  5. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I own the WT-600 and I run it in bridged mode. 600w into a Goliath III. When I turn that head up WHOA. It knocks my eardrums out. The band I am in now does not need that kind of volume so its not an issue with me. I use to play in a "metal/hardcore/prog" band and well, this would have been a good rig also. Its loud for sure. Besides I think you can always upgrade somewhat if you really wanted to. I don't feel the need for more headroom at all with the WT-600.......
  6. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    I run my WT500 into a Goliath3(8 ohm):unless you don't play in PinkFloyd like stages,I am sure that this head in bridge mode,will give you enough power and volume to create hearthquakes like I did douring my Marcus' style solo last night at a gig with my fusion group.I am happy to haven't bought a wt600,or 800:I 'd never have the need to have more volume than the one that wt500 gives me.(Even if I have some big gigs,expecially douring spring/summer).
    Man,Eden heads are the best amplifier in the world.
    I can't figure out why other bassists play other stuff
  7. RockFiend

Aug 23, 2000
    Thanks for the responses, I'm going to grab the 4x10XLT 8ohm and bridge it to get the full 500, there is a promotional deal on the WT800 and 4x10XT,,in which they're slashing the price a bit, but I still think it won't be worth the extra cash. If I am ever playing on "Pink Floyd like" stages I'll most likely have a PA that'll up the ante all that more, so the WT500 sounds like it's gunna pound what I need, thanks again.
  8. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Good luck with the WT-500, you are gonna love it. I just played with my band again last night with my WT-600 and its just an amazing head. No EQ needed for me at all and my pentabuzz just sings and barks and cuts like a knife. Its pretty damn amazing. But true, I could have lived with the wt-500 but since I got the same promo deal I just went for the wt-600 for the extra $80. If I ever go back to playin in a death metal, hardcore, prog band I won't have to worry about volume.

Let us know how you make out!