Eden in trouble??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jondiener, May 17, 2001.

1. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

After talking to an Eden dealer about a combo amp I ordered in January (but haven't gotten yet,) I found out that things in Eden land are not very rosy lately. In fact, they're not even able to verify if and when orders can be filled. The dealer can't get any straight answers from them, and can't get product. Also, Eden's website is dreadfully outdated.

Are these all signs of the serpent in the garden of Eden?

BTW, I switched my order to a CXC 1015 C4 combo, which was about the only thing the dealer had left in stock.
  2. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    I had a similar experience with the Eden D-215XLT cabinet. My take on it is that Eden's products are in huge demand, and it's still a fairly small company. They are probably experiencing growing pains and internal conflicts. This is all opinion only, but I'd guess that they are dealing with the "should we get big?" question. Any quality-oriented company can go through this scenario, because when a company gets big, sometimes the owners/managers fear losing control over quality and customer service. My guess is that Eden would like to remain small enough to be manageable, yet they are seeing huge demand for their good products. Those of us who order their stuff often have to wait in line. Eden almost lost my order because of it, so no doubt they are "losing" business. But if one wants to remain a 1000 unit/month business when the market wants 10,000 units/month out of you, there's a conflict. One way to decrease demand is to raise their prices. I hope this doesn't happen. Sometimes it's better to wait for the order to be filled and pay the lower price than to pay exorbitant prices for something that collects dust because no one else can afford it.

I may be wrong about this, though. This is just my opinion and conjecture.
    - Mike
  3. I'm sure that it doesn't help that some of the bigger mail order catalogs are starting to carry their stuff as well.