Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden, Kustom, and watts, help...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovejam, May 26, 2005.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Got it down to two heads. Eden WT-330 and Kustom Groovebass 1200. I want low, warm, reggae sounds. I like that the eden has a headphone jack. I was wondering if the 330 watts(4ohm) of the Eden will produce low's well. Will there be a huge difference between the 800 whats of the Groovebass. Is it possible to add a poweramp to head?

Anyone have any experience with both of these? Tone wise?

I know I've been asking alot of questions about the same heads... :bag:

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    To be twice as loud as the Eden, add a 0 to the end. The Kustom will have more headroom, but its not going to be a ton louder.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    It depends what situation your going to be using it in. I've heard a few people saying that they ran short on headroom with the Eden, yet others say they've got a fair bit of headroom. If you have PA for most gigs, it should be fine.

The tone is going to be a fairly big difference i think (I havn't played a GB though).

4. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    yeah, i am leaning twords the eden, thanks

5. tbitsky

tbitsky

Apr 15, 2005
    If the Eden is an option, don't think twice. Don't hesitate. Get the Eden.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Never played the Eden, but don't under estimate the Kustom. I say go play em both! I played MANY heads before settling on the Kustom!

7. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    No experience with the gb, I've got the WT330, it goes plenty low, the specs are something ridiculous like the -2dB point is 15Hz. Great amp. The "warm" button will just give a little fuzz, it's not an overdrive, I've got mine on all the time. And the bass boost button gives huge, clean lows (I only use it at lower volumes). For reggae you'll probably use the enhance, and then cut the high mids and treble accordingly. Just add a jazz bass with flats...a little mota... and hey, the speakers: the volume and low end response will depend mainly on the drivers you're using (frequency response and sensitivity). What cab/s are you gonna be using?

If you need more headroom, get a power amp. That way you'll have the Eden which should give you enough juice for most gigs (and only 13 lbs), and it's excellent preamp will give you great tone with a power amp (I've got a QSC) for bigger places.

8. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Im considering an Aguilar Gs212 4ohm, Im not to worried about watts now, I realized that when I rumbled my house with 185 watts...