SOLD Eden Metro Combo $400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by adamaarts, Jan 14, 2015.

1. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    Price:
    See Ad
    This has been sitting in my studio for too long. It has issues which I'll list below. I am looking to trade this for some sort of Bass, or Jazz bass parts, stuff like that.

The amp was sold to me via Amazon smelling like cats. I took it to a family detail shop and scrubbed it all over, febreeze, etc. I can't smell it anymore after a couple years of having it, but I believe in FULL disclosure.

The amp powers and on plays fine. The issue comes in after 5-10 minutes of high volume it starts to cut out. I initially believed it was the thermostat not kicking in the fan, and/or a broken fan. I installed a new fan and bypassed the thermostat and the fan is always on now, but the amp still cuts out. I am no tech and haven't had time or interest in fixing it.

I'd sell for say $400 since they seem to be about $600 or more used. I am open to all offers, trades are always fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymhpf71yi9xobib/Photo Mar 04, 10 26 03 AM (1).jpg?dl=0

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Bump

3. SpottedBass

SpottedBass

Mar 12, 2012
    bump... btw from my experience, what you've described is a very common issue with older Eden amps *and very fixable*. You will need a tech to open it up, find and remove 4 large ceramic resistors from the preamp board and re-mount them to the chassis. The design of these heads is such that these four resistors are generating tons of heat from the huge voltage stepdown they are there to perform. The heat is such that they weaken and de-solder themselves from the board causing the exact problem you described. Once fixed (it should be around $100), it is a permanent fix and the amp will rock for years to come. When I lived in Chicago I had Pat at Chicago amp works do this for my WT600 using pics and instructions from TB as a guide.

d00dr and adamaarts like this.
  4. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Thanks for the heads up. Seems like an easy enough fix. I may get this fixed myself if no one buys it. Just tired of 'storing' it here and not using it.

Bump!!

5. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Bump.

6. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    PM'd.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021