1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Metro owners, do you use only 10's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DavidEdenAria, Oct 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    First off, I really dig my 1997 David Eden Metro.....problem is I can't deal with the combo setup itself....its too heavy and low for me to move easily with a bad back.

Recently I have used the Eden Metro thru several other cabinets.......this amp has no problem with any cab I have used....most recently a pair of EV15L TL606 cabs.

I know the original Eden speakers in this amp are special....what they do for a pair of 10's is remarkable!

However, I am contemplating moving the amp to a separate head cabinet......one with a bit more ventilation as well.

I honestly don't know what to do with the combo cabinet and the pair of excellent original Eden 10's.

So my first question is, have you tried the Metro with a variety of cabs like myself? If so how did it fare with other cabs?

Should I just hold onto the Eden 10's....or consider selling them?

I cant see myself using the combo amp outside of the house. Thanks in advance!

2. If you like the Eden head, and you are not going to use or want to keep the cab.
    Then sell the metro as a complete unit and get another Eden head like the WT550 . A smaller head with the same power, it also goes to 2 ohms, and you are not parting out a good combo.
    Or the big boy WT800, it is about the same size and more power.
    These amps work great with any cab. It will be as clean and loud as the cab that it is plugged into will let it be.
    Be careful with that bass and enhance knob. Them are speaker shredders.

Bassmann1968 and DavidEdenAria like this.
  3. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Yes, these amps ARE potential speaker shredders! Part of the reason I want to protect the 10's.

As far as selling the whole combo amp, these heavy 2x10 combos are not much in demand anymore......I know the amp is fine in this combo amp as well as the speakers...I don't tend to sell reliable gear that I like a lot.

I could always use the 2x10 speaker part of the cab at home......with another amp as well as the Eden amp...just thinking out loud I know...but still I know of several big heavy combo amps that just sit unsold locally.

Otoh, just removing the amp will subtract quite a bit of weight from the speaker cabinet itself.

I may just pull the amp....I could use the extra space from the pulled amp for accessories.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021