Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Metro Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TalBass, Jul 27, 2002.

1. I just got an Eden Metro and found that it has a buzz when the master volume is turned up halfway, regardless of where the gains are set or anything is plugged in to the amp. My tech is working on that, but he suggested that I check the speakers to make sure they aren't blown.

I took off the grill and very gently moved the speakers up and down, and heard no grinding or scraping. However, on one of the speakers I noticed an irregular raised line or crease, in the smooth part of the speaker cone midway between the dust cap and the flexible surround at the edge of the speaker. It goes about halfway around the speaker and looks almost like the paper was slightly crimped or something. There's no sign of physical damage to the grill or the speaker, except for this line.

The amp puts out lots of volume, but it buzzes occasionally, and that may electrical, but I haven't gigged with the amp yet, and I don't want to run into problems with speakers during the show.

Any ideas about what this might be, whether it's a problem or not, would be really helpful...

Thanks!!!

TalBass