1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Metro Stories!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slinginsix, Mar 13, 2008.

1. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Lets hear your stories about your David Eden Metro Combo:hyper:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One time, I saw a black armored truck heading up toward the cul-de-sac on my street, so I went outside to investigate. It was the SWAT team. It turned out that the divorced guy who lives three doors up had barricaded himself inside his house and was thought to have a pretty big arsenal of guns. He had been holding his ex-wife and two young daughters hostage for over five hours, but when he went to look out the second floor window to see what was going on outside, they escaped out the back.

The police had a negotiator there, but he had forgotten his bullhorn. I overheard a lot of swearing amongst the cops about how they couldn't negotiate without a bullhorn. I went up to the cops who were backing up the SWAT team and told them I could bring them an amplifier that would be plenty loud to make contact with the guy in the house, so they came down to my house and we got my Eden DC-210XLT Metro and a microphone. We lugged it all back up the street and strung a 100-foot extension cord for power. Once they got it plugged in, it worked great, but the guy still wouldn't come out.

This went on for over two hours, and the SWAT team decided they were going to break down the door. I saw the SWAT team deploy and head toward the front door. Only one problem. They also forgot their battering ram. They retreated quickly, and went through another round of "very heated discussion." I managed to pull one of them aside, and suggested that they go put my combo up about six inches away from the door facing inward. While they did that, I ran back to my house and grabbed my Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency V, came back and plugged it in.

I dimed the gain, volume and bass on the amp, dimed the volume and bass EQ on the bass, and started slapping the piss out of the B string on that Drozd. It wasn't four seconds and the front door was reduced to mere splinters, and the SWAT team rushed in. Apparently, the guy was about to commit suicide with a shotgun, but the volume of that blast from the Eden amp rendered him unconscious, and he was still alive. They took him to the hospital and he recovered fully.

Now, his ex-wife was so grateful, she ...

... baked me a delicious strawberry-rhubarb pie, my favorite.

So there you have it, and every word is true. Well, the words are true, but not necessarily in the order presented.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Wow! I missed that one in the news. That's a great story. :) I imagine if you'd added a 4x10 extension cabinet to it it would have blown the door down even faster.

4. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Damn you Munji! You beat me to the punch. I love a happy ending.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Beat me too. I had one about my David Eden Metro combo but it was a pizza sold by a little pizza place outside a Metro train station owned by a guy named David Eden.

6. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Great story, as long as you didn't get it from alt.stories.bassamps

7. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Hey munji, I printed out your story and showed it to some musician friends at work today. They were very impressed and one of them may be contacting you about producing a movie based on it. A lethal weapon franchise maybe. :smug:

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Cool. I want Tommy Chong to play me.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    ;)