Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden metro + swr bigfoot = yee haw!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neptoon, May 15, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i found a great deal on a used swr bigfoot. i have no clue as to why they were discontinued...they were great cabs. anyway, i've been looking for one of these bubbas for the past three or four months trying to get a good deal, and i think i finally found one....if the darn thing doesn't get sold out from under me, as have the past three or four that i've found. i may just have to settle for an eden d115t :rolleyes: we'll see. man, playing in a band is a great way to justify new gear! :D

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yea, I just picked one up for $300+shipping. Heard great things, and I'm hoping to pair it with my SM-400S for some real volume. It ought to get here around the 21st... I can hardly wait! Neptoon, if you get yours before me, give me the low-down, alright? Jeez, a 2x12 that weighs less than 70 but can handle 500 watts... what's next? Conklins in a can?

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on, man...i played a friend of mine's rig back in '96, which consisted of two bigfoot(s)--bigfeet???--and his neck through warwick thumb 5 string. sounded awesome. i forget what head he had...an swr of some sort. anyway, i fell in love with the sound. i ended up getting a thumb neck through 4 string, and i picked up a bolt on 5'er just the other day (a gift from my wife). i'm sure the curbow rockwood 6'er will sound great through it as well. i'm curious to see what sort of sound comes through two bag end drivers in an swr enclosure being powered by an eden rig...:D

4. Wow, I gotta get myself a wife.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    :eek:

don't do it man! :D

6. I was wondering why me ears were burning... Yeah it sucks that they were discontinued, I would love to use one with a son of big bertha 1x15. Hey, if you ever use distortion let me know how it projects. :D

7. Actually, I used to use a Metro + Bigfoot setup for a while. The Eden cab actually goes deeper and has a tighter low end, but the Bigfoot gave more "fatness" and a bit of additional volume. I tended to leave it in the band practice space, and haul the Metro back and forth, but the SWR was quite light and portable.

Mike

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on, mike...the additional volume was what i was looking for, granted, i guess any cab would give me that...also something to tame the "eden bite" on that metro. i found a pretty killer deal on an eden d115t, as well...choices ;)

were there any problems stacking them? i noticed that the bigfoot was 1/4 wider and deeper than the metro...it sounds to me like they would stack ok---the corners meeting up with each other, but not locking.

9. The two units stacked pretty well together. It's been a while, but it seemed to me that the widths were not too far off, close enough that two of the four locking corners could connect. I may not be remembering that correctly, though. In any event, theyu sat together solidly enough that I was never worried about stacking them.

Mike