1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Metro - Tennessee (Perfect, magical, wonderful!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Scatterblak, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

May 12, 2007
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification
    Hi all,

Finally selling my Eden Metro (aka Eden DC210XLT). I hate to see it go, but I’m in a position where I’m doing more live gigging now, I need the db’s on stage, and the new DNA stuff is about to come out, and I’m already queued up for a Nordschow 4x10 and maybe a WT or something to drive it. The metro is a fabulous sounding combo! 2x10” speakers, 600W RMS @ 2Ω’s, 400W @4Ω’s. (I bet you guys don’t know how to make those ohm-y things, do you? Ω Ω Ω Ω!!). According to the manual, it ‘weighs only 85 pounds’, so I put some 3” steel rimmed rubber wheels on it (and not cheap ones; nice ones that are very forgiving if you’re rolling down 2nd avenue to some jam session that you wish you’d not agreed to go to and you’re late anyway and people are everywhere and the band is on the 4th floor of the dive bar you’re playing in and there’s an inch of beer on the floor so you have to sit on your amp to keep your feet dry, for instance), so I can roll it everywhere. Mine is about 10 years old, perfect shape, retubed, sounds warm and very tight, like a well-rolled burrito. A lot of the 2000-ish Eden stuff varied a bit as far as final product quality went, and I got lucky and ended up with a really, really good metro – no shop time, always sounded great. I’ve gigged with it all over the country and used it in plenty of sessions, and it always delivers. 2 channels, but I only ever use the second one, as it has the parametrics on it – the eq’s are very sensitive, and the nicer your bass is, the closer to 12 o’clock you can run the metro (I recently got a Low End Jazz 5, and I run the metro dead flat and it sounds like a million bucks).

This is the perfect amp if you’re doing studio work and need a dead quiet amp that you can roll in and roll out (Yeah yeah, direct is nice, but I like to have the Dbox send and mike one of the 10’s, you know?), or if you're playing small to medium sized nightclubs, etc. If you’re as metal player, this probably isn’t your amp; if you’re more of a Bernard Edwards / Mark King / Pete Trewavas / Gary Willis sort of guy, this is the tight, flexible amp you've been looking for. Plus, if you're getting old and fat, it’s got wheels! It’s really been a dream amp for me, and I hate to let it go, but I have to feed the GAS and grab something to push this new DNA gear, you know?

So, here's the lowdown – you can get a new Metro (and roll the dice, since David Nordschow’s long gone) for around $1,500.00. http://www.thefind.com/instruments/browse-eden-dc210xlt-metro-bass - You can get a used one if you can find one for $800-$1100 or so, plus shipping. Or, you can get mine for $800.00 (OBO! WOOO!!), and have it today, no shipping, no muss, no fuss. Yes, for only $800.00 (OBO! OBO! USA! USA! USA!), you can get my local, delicious metro that has wheels already installed, and is guaranteed to sound freakin’ great. I'll also consider some lesser chunk of $$ and a nice power amp of some sort (K1, PLX, CA9, etc. At least 900W bridged, please) You can also hear it on our promo at http://www.littlequeenrocks.com. Plus, the girls are hot, so check it out anyway.

So, that's the deal. I'm in Smyrna, and I can bring the metro to anywhere in mid TN, or I can ship it to you if you're in teh continental US. If you’re near Nashville and want to come out and fire it up, please be my guest - just pm me and let's work the details out. :)

Peace!

p.s. no pics -- it looks exactly like a metro, no wear to speak of - very well taken care of. pm me if you're serious, and I'll take some pics and send them along to you. :)

2. dsanders

dsanders

Jan 22, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Free bump. Very cool band bud :bassist:. I'm going to come out and see you guys play on 11/27 @ Exit In. I'm not playing that weekend.

Good luck on the sale.