Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Metro users come together

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trainyourhuman, Jun 8, 2001.

1. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I am about to purchase one of these babies, so I want everyone who has one to tell me about them and how sweet of an amp they are. Lets hear it!

2. i dont have the metro, but i have the "big brother" if you will. I have the WT-800, and the d-4x10xlt. only difference is that you have a 2x10, and i have a 4x10. also you ahve a solid state preamp channel, and i dont. The tones on this thing is just beyond me. As you probly know, the eden is known for keeping the sound of your bass as original as possible. On top of that, there is an extreamly powerful eq. You can pretty much dial up any tone you want.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I had one for a week. Really wanted to like it. The noise got on my nerves. I use an AMP BH-420 with an Eden D210XLT.

Good luck.

4. I don't own the Metro however, I own a WT-600. I have absolutely no problem with noise. Perhaps the noise problem you had with that Eden was a fluke of bad luck. Even the best will have a flawed product every now and again. I just can't say enough about the Eden sound!

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Mr. Dead seems to be on the money. I first played my amp in the amp room of a local guitar store, surrounded by many other amps and flourescent lights with the bridge pickup on my Jazz soloed. Silent. With my Modulus, it was the same. Man, when combined with the D15XLT, this amp is deep! It really is mistifying to me how they put so much amp in such a small package.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have one. I love it.

I play mostly 5 string, and even with the 2x10 setup I get plenty of beef on the low B.

When I add another cabinet to it, it won't be the Eden 115. It will either be the 210XLT(as much low end IMHO) or a Bag End 1x15.

Killer combo though.