Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Metro users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmkelly, Jan 30, 2004.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey there all.... I have been looking into an Eden Metro, and want to know what anyone who has used or owned one thinks!

P@

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Buy one. I got mine not too long ago. While I miss the big sound from my 410XLT, and power amp, the Metro is great. I like the headphone out.

I can't really comment about the features since I have not really messed with them yet. It appears as though I can get any sound I want. Supposedly you can run a two ohm load on it, but I doubt it is a good idea. Mine is 8ohms, and it is fairly loud.

Anyway, buy one.

-Mike

3. I'm about to sell mine to somebody here at TB. I loved it. I am tired of a combo amp setup. It defitnetly has everything you need.

4. I've played one at my local music shop, and it sounded pretty good. I mean.. I'm pretty biased against ANYTHING at all other than my own setup, hahahahaha, but it sounded pretty good! Like i said... I'm pretty biased, because i love my rig, and i'm not used to getting sound that isn't rediculously fat, as i play an all tube amp, but for a more hi-fi sounding combo, it was nice. Not enough power for what i do, but then again.. i'm a power freak.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to own one, I loved it. It got stolen.:(

When I got the insurance money, I replaced it with a Peavey BAM210. Why?

The BAM is louder, handles the low B better, and has the built in amp modeling and effects.

I don't use the effects a lot other than the chorus and compressor, but I use the modeling a lot. The models are very authentic sounding.

And the stock tone is better than the Eden, at least to my ears.

Yes, I did love my Metro, and still wish I had it, but I love my BAM even more.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i used to have one, but MJ5150 has it now...it's a great rig and you can really coax a lot of great tones out of it. i love the semi-parametric mid controls on the second channel. cool stuff. i'm really thinking about adding a navigator to my rig. i miss the eden sound...

7. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    I've had my Metro for a number of years now. I use it as a stand alone and have also used it with additional cabs. It can handle the 2 ohm load easily. I currently use it with an Accugroove Tri-112 (total 4 ohm, 400 watts) under it and it kicks. I also have had the opportunity to try it with the Accugroove El Whappo (2.67 ohm load) and it was the biggest sound I've ever had. I used that on an outdoor concert with Rumours, a Fleetwood Mac Tribute band and played a two hour set and my sound was so big that I was able to use the lightest touch. After the set my finger tips on the right hand didn't even feel like I played a gig.

Wally