Eden Metro users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmkelly, Jan 30, 2004.

1. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey there all.... I have been looking into an Eden Metro, and want to know what anyone who has used or owned one thinks!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Buy one. I got mine not too long ago. While I miss the big sound from my 410XLT, and power amp, the Metro is great. I like the headphone out.

I can't really comment about the features since I have not really messed with them yet. It appears as though I can get any sound I want. Supposedly you can run a two ohm load on it, but I doubt it is a good idea. Mine is 8ohms, and it is fairly loud.

Anyway, buy one.

3. I'm about to sell mine to somebody here at TB. I loved it. I am tired of a combo amp setup. It defitnetly has everything you need.
  4. I've played one at my local music shop, and it sounded pretty good. I mean.. I'm pretty biased against ANYTHING at all other than my own setup, hahahahaha, but it sounded pretty good! Like i said... I'm pretty biased, because i love my rig, and i'm not used to getting sound that isn't rediculously fat, as i play an all tube amp, but for a more hi-fi sounding combo, it was nice. Not enough power for what i do, but then again.. i'm a power freak.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to own one, I loved it. It got stolen.:(

When I got the insurance money, I replaced it with a Peavey BAM210. Why?

The BAM is louder, handles the low B better, and has the built in amp modeling and effects.

I don't use the effects a lot other than the chorus and compressor, but I use the modeling a lot. The models are very authentic sounding.

And the stock tone is better than the Eden, at least to my ears.

Yes, I did love my Metro, and still wish I had it, but I love my BAM even more.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i used to have one, but MJ5150 has it now...it's a great rig and you can really coax a lot of great tones out of it. i love the semi-parametric mid controls on the second channel. cool stuff. i'm really thinking about adding a navigator to my rig. i miss the eden sound...
  7. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    I've had my Metro for a number of years now. I use it as a stand alone and have also used it with additional cabs. It can handle the 2 ohm load easily. I currently use it with an Accugroove Tri-112 (total 4 ohm, 400 watts) under it and it kicks. I also have had the opportunity to try it with the Accugroove El Whappo (2.67 ohm load) and it was the biggest sound I've ever had. I used that on an outdoor concert with Rumours, a Fleetwood Mac Tribute band and played a two hour set and my sound was so big that I was able to use the lightest touch. After the set my finger tips on the right hand didn't even feel like I played a gig.