1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Eden MH-600 Metro head: $650!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Chef, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The MH600 has been discontinued, and these don't come up f/s often...
    This is a 2004 model I've had this one for several months, used it lots, and loved it.
    But, I'm a gear-a-holic, and I wanna try some other stuff.

So, here's your chance to own the Eden WT405 with it's crisp clear solid state front end...AND the Eden WT550 with it's reknowned warm hybrid tube front end and massively flexible semi para eq section...ALL IN ONE!!!
    And at one low bargain price; you could spend $600 per buying either of these.

I've run this at 2 ohms a lot; it don't care, the fan just runs a little more often.
    You can switch on the fly between channels with the footswitch...you can do this either for a change in tone; or, set one channel at a higher gain stage for a solo voice...

''Eden Electronics' Metro head is now available as a separate head in its own road case. The dual channel preamplifier gives you the choice of both a tube and solid state pre-amp, with full footswitch control. The MH-600 will give you up to 600W of real amplifier power. Other features are: mute to tune (on footswitch), dual effects loops, automatic compression with bypass, stereo aux. input, headphone out and 12dB input pad. All this in a package that locks right on all Eden enclosures.

Amplifier power - 600W RMS @ 2ohm (1200W peak), 400W RMS @ 4ohm (800W peak), 240W RMS @ 8ohm (480W peak)
    Distortion - <0.06%
    Frequency Response amp. - 10Hz - 15KHz +/- 2dB
    Dimensions - 23"(w) x 6"(h) x 18,5"(d)
    Weight - 22 LBS''

You techno-philes can see manuals for all the eden stuff here:
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manuals/index.asp

$650+ the ride, payment via money order, or paypal e-check plz
    No trades, thx

I'm only gonna leave this up for a few days before it goes to da-bay; I've got to move on some other bits I need.

thx-alan

PICS!:
    front:

MH600F.

rear:
    MH600REAR.

serial/date:
    MH600DATE.

stack lock corner; cracked:
    MH600CORNER.

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Great head! I've used one for years. Very versatile and the footswitchable channels is a real useful feature.

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    pm's replied

4. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    PM's replied, pics added.
    One gent was interested in cosmetic condition of the amp.
    It's in reasonably fine shape. The "fur" isn't rat'd out or nuttin; the one flaw I note is this:
    The interlocking stack lock corner plastic bits were installed "too tight" from the factory; so, several of them have little cracks that start from from the screw holes. I loosened the screws when I recieved the amp...I tightened one back down to accentuate the crack for the camera. This effects functionality/durability not one bit.

thx-alan

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    PS: for those of you concerned with studio use, or use of the DI live, note where I had the trim set (see rear shot with date and serial).
    You can also see where I had the EQ set for the last live recording I did, using a G&L SB1 thru the tube side of the rig: dang near flat.
    Eden has one of the best, and most powerful eq's going. Deep bass under, high treble over, and the three band semi-para eq let you quickly and easily tweak for whatever bass, cab, and room combination you're facing on any given night.
    The G&L SB1 is "a jazz bass with only the neck pickup," so I added just a touch of high-mids, and highs to make the neck pickup just a tad "shinier and brighter."
    That's really all it takes with this eq: a click or two. It's POWERFUL.

There's *tons* of clean headroom at the DI; and it sounds typically eden: great.

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    mo pm's answered

7. Having had a CXC-110(1x10 combo w/a WT-330, an earlier version of the 405)& a WT-400, I can totally vouche for the powerful EQ. To have both in one very powerful head that does 2 ohms at this price is a rare deal. Man I wish I could get this. Absolutely no trades, huh? I would break up my Mesa D-180 & 1x15 cab for this in a heartbeat...

8. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Thanks, but no trades;
    unless you have a TFB750.

thanks!

9. :meh: :ninja:
    [sounds of sharpie sloppily changing 'D-180' logo to 'TFB-750']
    :D

10. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    bassteban: two pretty different flavors, the d180, and the MH600...
    I have a mesa 400 already; you cain't fool me;)

11. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    again, all pm's replied.
    sure, i'll ship to europe, or whever ever, provided you pay shipping, and I can find a way to get it there.
    with fedex, ups, dhl, and usps, there ought to be a way...

i've shipped several basses to europe, and usps has been the cheapest way to go with them.

12. No, man I was trying to fool you into believing my 180 was a T-Funk. :D
    j/k/lame humor/wish I could do it bumpage...

13. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    on hold, pending payment...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.