Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nav / Mackie 1400i

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arrrrrgh, May 8, 2002.

1. Arrrrrgh

Arrrrrgh

May 8, 2002
    I have a 1400i mackie with a peavey MAX pre-amp. It sounds decent, but ive always wanted an eden. Does anyone have this set-up ( LowfreqB ) who could give me a thumbs up or down ?
    Thanks for the help

BTW, this is a great site, my first night looking at all the posts kept me up late !! I have to go to work in 4 hours !!

BE the pocket

2. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Arrrrrgh, welcome to Talk Bass.

Yes, an Eden WP100 Navigator preamp and your Mackie can handle low B. So should your current pre/power setup. What type of speaker system are you using, and how is the power amp set up? Are you using the limiters and/or filters?

3. Arrrrrgh

Arrrrrgh

May 8, 2002
    My bass is a 4-string, the LowfreqB is a user name of someone who posted about previous problems with a mackie1400i/eden navigator setup.

I just wanted to know if anyone had used this preamp/amp setup and what kind of thoughts they had on Eden pre-amps in general.

Im currently using a peavey 4x10 cab, but im going to switch to 2 2x10 cabinets (because of my bad back) hopefully SWR or EDEN. My bass is an old
    P-Bass that I cant seem to let go of, and I play in a Classic Rock cover band.

Thanks for the welcome :) and the advice

4. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Opps, I should have read your post more carefully.

I use the Navigator for its multipal XLR outputs. I run the EQ flat, at least I think it's flat. I say this because the knob indexing is rather ambiguous and a little rotation on an EQ knob can have a huge effect. I would like to see an EQ defeat/bypass button (on every preamp). The input gain with the overload LED is a help. The "Studio Quality Compressor" ain't, and the Tube blend sounds better when you replace the 7025 with a 5751 and even then it's far from an EBS Multidrive so why bother. Then there's the Turbo switch, got to have one of those.
    If your into sucked out mids the Enhance knob is fun. In short its got plenty of in's/out's, knobs, and lights. Comparing the build quality to my Raven-Labs gear I would have to say that Eden built is mid-Fi at best, in my opinion. Yet it offers a flexability (in's/out's and EQ) and a vib that would prevent me from ever parting with it.
    A few preamps which could possibly derack my Navigator are yet to be released from Raven-Labs, Epifani and the, difficult to audition, Glokenklang Art.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I used this very setup (Nav/1400) for a good while....worked great, sounded super, power out the wazoo. Wish I still had it on occasion, but I just never needed that much juice....or that much weight.

I imagine the Navigator in combo with any good power amp will be a fairly spectacular rig.