Eden Navigator and WT1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I just bought this system after much debate and trying out of many other brands. I've been using Eden for 8 years and the time had come that I needed more power and so the search began. I really like Eden amps and they work great for my style but I thought after 8 years it was time for a change. I tried all the big names: EA, Aguilar, EBS and speakers from Epifani, Bergantino...etc. I didn't like the Aguilar at all though I did try out the new 750 ss/tube head at a name show and thought it sounded good. I really liked the EA's though I didn't feel they offered the power I needed. The EBS sounded good but was missing something.
    As far as speakers go, maybe I'm missing something but I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary when I listened to the Epi's, EA's or Berg's. They sounded good but I don't see where they've improved on what Eden has already accomplished.
    In relation to the thread about power amps and whether bass specific amps are better than the Crown's, Mackie's, QSC's.. well that thread got me curious so a friend and I tried out several amps and compared them to the WT 1000. We both heard quite a difference. I thought in general most of the amps sounded very clean, detailed but quite sterile. The Eden, with it's front panel tone knobs whether used or set flat, had a considerable amount of more warmth and fullness in the lows than the others. I'm extremely impressed with the WT1000 and it puts out a lot of pure watts. It sounded at least twice as loud as the Mackie 1400 and a few others that had higher output ratings.
    We bass players are very prone to jump on the "next best thing" bandwagon and I'm no different. I considered heavily the other brands out there but to me they still don't do "it" better than Eden. Maybe as well in some instances but definetly not better. I really love my set-up, Navigator, Wt1000, 410XLT 4ohm. I bridge the amp mono and can send a full 1000 watts to the cabinet (not that I need to) but the headroom is great. The fact that I've used Eden's for the past 8 years may have influenced my decision to stay with them as they've helped to develop my sound and make me feel at home. I've owned many of their amps and have never had any problems. I gave the other companies a chance to sway my loyalty but this happened to be one bandwagon that I missed.
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL

Congrats on finding your perfect setup! It sounds like you've gone through some great trials and tribulations only to realize what you already knew!

What I've found was that I've fallen in love with my own sound, much in the way you've done. When I tried out several amps for a comparison for Mr. Fortunecookie a few months ago, I put up many of the old favorites...Bergantino, Eden, EBS, EA, Ashdown.

Obviously you and I have slightly different tastes, but that's not what this is about. Rather, I wanted to mention that I noticed what you did: none of those that I tried compared to what I knew and loved. I really was surprised, too, because of what I've built up in my head of what these sound like based on experiences and testimonials.

I find it refreshing that some people still actually try out the gear for themselves and don't sway based merely on those testimonials.

Congrats again!
  3. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

If you are using an 8 ohm cab, add an 8 ohm D-210 XLT.n Run them both full (they ballance from 106db + 103db) All tones and volumes flat! The big trick is finding a 15amp or 20amp service YOU can draw on. This will blow you away!
    Need more grit? A SansAmp BDDI IN FRONT of the pre kills!
  4. It says in his post that he is using a 4 ohm. He could add a 4 ohm 210xlt and run it stereo with his power amp. I just picked up an eden pre, great tone.