Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Navigator MIDI Footswitch question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Aug 22, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I got my Eden Nav last week, I love it. I haven't tried the footswitch until today. I went and bought a 12' MIDI cable because the 6' one it came with probably isn't going to be quite long enough. When I plugged the 12'-er in, only the boost and the compressor switches worked. Anybody have an idea what kind of MIDI cable I need? The one I bought today said something along the lines of 3 pin positive or some such thing; I'll have to check it when I get home. This is my first experience with MIDI so any help/info is appreciated! :)

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I always thought that it was a standard MIDI cable, but I can tell you that the one that came with my Navigator is more like 15-20' long, so your 6' cable does not sound like the stock cable.

3. Judging by what I read in the Eden Navigator Manual, there's 4-wire/5 pin MIDI cables and 5-wire/5 pin cables. The Eden needs a standard 5-wire/5 pin MIDI cable to work properly.

Hope this helps.

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Thanks for the replied guys. I tried D/L'ing the manual but my Adobe is screwed up somehow. The 6' cable that came with it does work... I bought the unit used. I'll have to see what kind the new one I bought is. Thanks again guys!