Eden Navigator MIDI Footswitch question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Aug 22, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I got my Eden Nav last week, I love it. I haven't tried the footswitch until today. I went and bought a 12' MIDI cable because the 6' one it came with probably isn't going to be quite long enough. When I plugged the 12'-er in, only the boost and the compressor switches worked. Anybody have an idea what kind of MIDI cable I need? The one I bought today said something along the lines of 3 pin positive or some such thing; I'll have to check it when I get home. This is my first experience with MIDI so any help/info is appreciated! :)
  2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I always thought that it was a standard MIDI cable, but I can tell you that the one that came with my Navigator is more like 15-20' long, so your 6' cable does not sound like the stock cable.
  3. Judging by what I read in the Eden Navigator Manual, there's 4-wire/5 pin MIDI cables and 5-wire/5 pin cables. The Eden needs a standard 5-wire/5 pin MIDI cable to work properly.

Hope this helps.
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Thanks for the replied guys. I tried D/L'ing the manual but my Adobe is screwed up somehow. The 6' cable that came with it does work... I bought the unit used. I'll have to see what kind the new one I bought is. Thanks again guys!