Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Navigator owners:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Anyone have any reccomended settings? Seems like a lot of knobs to mess with. I am mostly flat, here's what I have so far:

Gain: varies on a bass to bass basis
    Tube: 12 o'clock
    enhance: 1 " "
    bass: 12 " "
    low: 12 " "
    mid 12:30 " "
    high: 12 " "
    Treble: 12 " "

Compressor
    Threshold 11:30
    ratio: 11:30

Semi-para EQ
    1,1,and 3

Seems like a lot to work with, anyone else want to post their setting for me to try?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I keep my tube knob all the way down. Everytime I try it, I get overtones I try to dial out, and they disappear the moment I turn that knob off.

I keep my enhance at about 9 o'clock.

Everything else is set at or very near 12:00. Compression ratio at about 9:00, threshold at whereever the bass will trigger it only on the hard notes or slap.

Nav's are great, and require very little tweaking to make them sound great.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I keep everything set about flat, but with the Tube at @ 12:00, and the Enhance at @ 1:30. I use the parametrics to adjust for room/stage rumble, and for feedback control on my upright. I forget where my compressor settings are, but lately I have been going with fairly light compression (though that compressor will still sound good, even if you really squash your signal). One piece of advice that I would offer is to leave the Limiter off. That sucker is far too agressive, IMHO, and really sucks the tone out of my signal when I am running anything other than a very low level signal.

Great unit! I have found the side chain effects loop to be very useful for blending in rack effects (back when I still used them) and still preserving a more "pure" signal. Another item to note is that Eden recommends that if you do not have signal passing through them, turn either the Side Chain gain knob all the way up and the Aux In all the way down, or vice versa. If you don't you may get a bit of hiss/hum.

And yes, lots of knobs! :D :bassist:

Tom.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well since I have some good pics of my rig I figured Id resurect this beast. :D

[​IMG]

FYI, I always have the enhance turned off at the footswitch. The comp is almost always on, and the pre is usually overdriven.

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Man this thread is OLD! I have since found the way of Eden: Set it flat, turn enhance to your liking, then forget about it! My flea is extremely bright with the lane poor and aguilar preamp, so I am finding myself throwing some cut into the highs, but still close to flat.....coupled with the cab's attenuator set about 25-35%. Eden's EQ section is VERY sensitive and responsive.....I don't see how anyone could get far from the flat marks.

Nick, my setup would sound horrible with those settings, the highs would be ear shredding, and the lows would be creasing speakers in no time.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    With my new Schroeder cab, the highs are extremely tame. to put it intp perspective, I was cutting the highs more than that when I was using my Eden 210 XST cabs. Its not that the Schroeder doesnt hace the highs, its that no matter how high I turn them they are never harsh, so I just let them do their thing.

Also, my low end is set lower than yours considering I dont have any boost on the bass, and the enhance is off. Most of my boosting is in the mids, with a healthy dose from the highs.