Eden Navigator settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Happy MurphDay, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    I was just wondering how you guys out there setup your Eden?
    I just bought mine, and i dont realy understand the semi-parametric eq,
    thanks guys
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Settings depends on your cabs and your bass.

Put all of the tone controls at the 12:00 position. They are terribly strong. If anything, you will only go a tiny tweak either way, defintely not more than 11:00 or 1:00 unless you're a freak.

Also, start with the tube character knob and enhance knobs all the way down. Only add them later after you've found your standard tone, and even then sparingly.

Pre-gain should be set to where you only blink the pre-clip light on your hardest-hit notes. Post-gain volume should be set depending on what you want your actual volume to be. Keep your compressor off until you get everything else where you want it.
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I set the eq like this: bass 12 o'clock
    low mid 40 hz, 12 o'clock
    mid 400hz, 1 o'clock
    high mid 1.3 khz 12 o'clock
    treble 12 o'clock
    tube 2 o'clock
    enhance and compressor off

I sometimes switch the mid to 800hz, depending on what I am playing.
  4. 1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    :) I would start with all the controls at 12 o'clock, except input, which I would adjust to the output of your bass. Leave the compressor off at first. With all eq at 12 o'clock (flat) use enhance control to dial in sweet/funkie sound. use eq sparingly for room acoustics, then fool around with compressor knob, I like mine just barely flickering, but some perfer constant green light , while others use no compression, as the preamp tube will provide slight compression (sagging).

EDEN RULES :bassist:

:cool: deBassMan
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    WARNING!: I go for overdriven sounds most of the time.

I set the tube charachter fully to the left if Im looking for a clean sound, and further to the left depending on how dirty i want it.

I set the gain to match tha chrachter I get from that control but usually so it lights up fairly often.

I set the compressor with the ration at about 1:00 and the threshold to match the gain so that they both light up at about the same time.

I turn off the enhance completely.

I set the EQ flat most of the time but I keep the frequencies set to about 250, 800, 1.5K since those are the ones I often need to boost or cut if the acoustics in a room im playing are giving me trouble. I sometimes cut the highs slightly if I have new SS strings and set it flat after they've been worn in a bit.

Thats more or less what I do but keep in mind that my gain and compressor settings are not typical.
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I guess I am one of the weird guys who does use the Enhance knob! Yes, it is coloration, but I find that a little bit of it gets me where I want to go. Other than that, my EQ's are set entirely flat and only used to control room feedback or standing waves, or to control feedback when I use my upright.
  7. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    Thanks guys, it all is a great help, and i cant wait till i get home to try them all out, like i stated before, i just switched cabs and im trying to dial in some sounds, thanks again