Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Navigator settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigBohn, Dec 31, 2001.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Hey guys. Just got home today, and came back with my brand new rig. All my equipment finally came in, except I changed my order of the SWR IOD, and got a Eden Navigator that was already there. Very sweet rig. I'm very pleased with it, and it works beautifully with my Carvin DCM2000 poweramp.

Now, do any other owners of the Navigator have some nifty EQ settings. I can manage to get a few, but then they sound like crap on the low B. Help out a brother here. Thanks alot, and Happy New Years!

:D :D :D

2. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Here is a picture of it. I'm so proud!

3. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    There have been a couple of threads on Nav settings, but for the time being I will post mine. I have a stingray 5 I set the ray's preamp with mids full and bass 1/2 up, and the treble I leave flat. The navigator I like to boost my mids 2 points and adjust the frequinces to about 9 or 10 o clock. I boost the low 1 point and leave the treble flat. NO ENHANCE, It gives you the smiley face E.Q. Have fun with your new Navigator.

4. I have had mine for over a year, and have played many different rooms with this pre.

I have fiddeled with bass eq on 2, mid, treb on 10, Etc.
    The best and most versatile settings that I keep going back to is All dials at 12 except mid at 2. Gain around 11, tube at 10, enhance at 9to10, compressor about 12 & 1. Tweak with the bass and treble for different rooms.
    This fairly flat settings lets you control tone from the bass better.

P.S. I also use a SansAmp BDDI
    in FRONT of the preamp. You can dial out the mid clank (could be my tin ears- makes me fussy), and add compression and warm tube grit.

Basically, go by the manual for starters, then tweak knobs till you smile.

Hope this helps- Oh, I have the 4-10XLT too, plus I run a 2-10XLT with it.

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Thanks alot, you both. 1 more thing is I bought this Navigator as a floor model for 50 bucks less. It came with footswitch and all that; I don't mind because it was only out on the floor for 2 days, still laying on top of an unused cab there, so NO ONE used it at ALL. Very lucky. My request is maybe if there is some online manual out there for it, or something. This thing is confusing, the tube knob, the EQ, very confusing. I need some guidance. Thanks again anyways.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bohn, you've made me proud! You can't do any better. Welcome to the club.

7. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Thank you, Munjibunga. *tear trickles down face* Thanks for accepting me so warmly into the Eden Club. It's an honor, sir. :D

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There's no charge to you on that.

9. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    BigBohn, email Eden they will send you a word doc. file manual.

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yep, just did.