Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Navigator WP-100 and Stewart World 1.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bbanderson, Jun 8, 2003.

1. bbanderson

bbanderson Guest

Jun 8, 2003
    Collierville, TN
    Hello all,
    I recently purchased an Eden Navigator Preamp and a Stewart World 1.2 Power amp, used. I do not have the manual for the Stewart, and the Eden Navigator Manual does not have any pinout assigments for the DI outputs. This is my question: I have an XLR cable (homemade (Switchcraft connectors), but verified conductivity with ohm-meter and the cable is fine) to run between the pre and power amps and have to engage the ground lift on the DI output from the preamp (ground lifted). If I run it with the ground engaged, the Stewart begins to power cycle, with the power light coming in for about a second every 30 seconds or so (I am estimating as I did not let this occur for very long for fear of damage). Has anyone ever seen behavior like this? I will be contacting Stewart to get a replacement manual, and have emailed Eden. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

2. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    The Stewart 1.2 manual is pretty brief, but it does give the pin assignments so you can check those. Just for yucks, try a standard microphone cable and see if it works. Speaking from personal experience, it's easy to forget to mirror-image balanced connectors when making your own cable.

FWIW, I use an Avalon U5 with my Stewart 1.2, with the balanced connection, and don't have any problems.