Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis 210

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jemmamus, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Jemmamus

Jemmamus

Jan 29, 2002
    I would like to try a Contra combo but can't seem to find one here in Sydney. I have the chance to buy an Eden "Nemesis" 210 combo and wonder if anyone out there has ever tried one live with an Upright?

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    One of my students used one a couple of years back, and it was so-so as DB amp, but much better as a plank amp.

3. viking_456

viking_456

Jan 14, 2002
    Irvine, CA
    I would really recommend the Contra. I know it's pricey, but it sounds great for UB. Surprisingly, it also works well for EBG. I was using a workingman 12 for both. I don't like the sound for UB. The Contra sounds better for both and the Workingman is in the garage. I really don't like amplification, but the Contra makes it tolerable and natural sounding. I'm using a Realist and sometimes a Crown GLM through a RavenLabs PMB-1.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    How does the Contra fare in an electric ensemble? Can it cut through, say, a 100W guitar amp and an unmiked drumset?

5. viking_456

viking_456

Jan 14, 2002
    Irvine, CA
    I have never used it in that setting. I've used it with a 19 piece big band (all controls flat - volume a 4 or 5) and with a jazz quartet with guitar (when it's too cold outside for upright). It holds up fine, but if you are talking about a 100 watt Marshall stack - no way it can keep up.

It's not really loud, but the sound is so full and dispersed, that it provides nice support. I don't prefer an edgy sound that competes in the upper register so it works for me.