Eden Nemesis 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BV, Aug 22, 2000.

1. BV

May 15, 2000
    I just tried out an Eden Nemesis 210 today. It had the features I was looking for in a bass amp and I liked the way it sounded. I went to Eden's website to get more info on it, but there was not a whole lot there. A copy of the user's manual would have been nice.

My main question was what type of extension speaker I could plug into it. All it says is 200 watts @ 4ohms. But I don't know what the internal speakers are rated so I can't figure out what the effect of adding another speaker would be (e.g. an 8 Ohm 15" cab). I don't anticipate adding one, but its nice to have that flexiblity.

Is anyone familiar with this amp?

2. Hey Bob, I have the Nemesis 112 Combo and I believe the amp section is the exact same as the 210. From what I know the 210 is in a 4 ohm configuration whereas my 112 is 8 ohm. My tech guy that I bought mine from was going through the manual and found that the extension output is not a parallel output like most amps, but rather it's serial. Therefore you don't actually push the amp harder due to less resistance so it shouldn't overheat or cause any problems that way. I don't have my manual with me now so I can't really back up what I'm saying, but I do use my 4 ohm 15" cabinet with my Nemesis and I've never had a problem, even at high volumes.

So, to sum it up, the 200 watts @ 4ohms on the back panel just tells you how much power the amp puts out at that resistance. I know that's not too technical sounding because I'm not a technician myself, but I hope it helps you some.
  3. BV

May 15, 2000

Thanks for the input.

I had read somewhere that the nemesis was wired in serial but that just confused me more! I believe when you wire in serial, you add the ohms of each speaker together. So adding a 4 ohm 15" cabinet to the existing 4 ohm speakers would give you 8 ohms and therefore the power output would be something less than the 200 watts.

But I'm also not a tech so I very well might not have a clue what I'm talking about.

4. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    Wow...this place is great! I just bought an NC210P this morning and logged on to ask this very question! I also checked the Eden site with no enlightenment to be found. (I sent an email to their Support division...I'll share what I learn.) The manual doesn't shed any light either.

5. Fly

Feb 18, 2000
    The speakers in the NC-210P are 16 ohm speakers and are wired in series as you mentioned. This makes it an 8 ohm system. The external jack is also wired in series. So you can add another cabinet that is rated at 8 ohms would bringing the load down to 4 ohms. The NC-210P is rated for a 4 ohm load.

I have been looking into one of these and would appreciate any other feedback on this amp.
  6. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I can't tell you how the Nemesis amps are wired but I can tell you this. Two 8ohm loads in series will give you a 16ohm load. Two 8ohm loads in parallel will give you a 4ohm load. If you can get the August copy of Bass Player magazine there is an excellent article covering all of this theory with practical examples.
  7. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    I recently purchased a Nemesis 210 as well. You should try calling customer support. I couldn't find a retailer in my area who carried Eden products and the guy I talked to at Eden was very helpful and talked to me for almost half an hour giving names, phone numbers, addresses, and websites of retailers. I hadn't even played the amp before I bought it, but with a great review of Nemesis products in Bass Player Magazine and the great customer support, I was sold. Plus I got a sweet deal at Mars Music (only $530 and free shipping!)

- David

8. BV

May 15, 2000
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I ended up buying the 210P. All they had was the one on the floor . . . and they couldn't find the book! So I have the amp, but I still don't have the answers to my questions. The guy from Eden said he could email the book to me, plus Mars said they were ordering a book for me. So someday I'll have the answer. In the meantime I'm enjoying the amp. I really like it so far.

9. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I emailed Eden with this question and here's the response:

"The series connection for extension cabs will result in an 8 ohm load with another 4 ohm cab plugged in. This will do a couple of things. 1) The power output of the amp will drop slightly, but the overall volume will still be louder, because you're driving more speakers. 2) The amp will run cooler due to the reduced load ( even though more speakers are connected)."

Hope this helps,
  10. john mclean

john mclean

Nov 29, 2007
    greetings to all, im thinking of buying one of these instead of having to lug eden head and cabs up stairs,lifts,etc etc,. however also thinking of the nc115 , if anybody has tried both of these combos out, i would love some info and thoughts as i have not heard the 115.thanks. john.
  11. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Two 16 ohm speakers wired in series will result in a 32 ohm impedance. Wired in parallel they will result in 8 ohms.

Anyhow, read the post above by reedith where he relates what was told to him by someone who read the manual.

Edit-sorry, it should be "read the post above by Craig"