1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Nemesis 2x10 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JazznFunk, Sep 21, 2008.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Hey gang.... I've about decided on my next cab purchase, and am looking at the Eden Nemesis 2x10 extension cab. I have the Nemesis NA320 head and love it, and am currently using it with my SWR Workingman's 2x10 and/or 1x15 cabs. I am under the impression that the Nemesis 2x10 is a 4 ohm cab, which would allow me to use the full power offering of the NA320 with just one cab, as opposed to using 2 cabs with the head to get the full range now. Anyway, I wanted to get others' impressions of this cab if you've used it. I have a feeling it will blow away my SWR cabs, which I do like, but I'm ready for something a little different though, particularly if it's a setup that allows me to use the full power of my head with just one cab.

So... fire away if you have any experience with this cab. I'd love to hear it.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

The NA320 puts out 200w into 8 ohms and 320w into 4 ohms. The difference in power will get you a whopping 2dB volume boost, hardly enough to hear. Don't base your decision simply on wattage.

The cabinets themselves will have a much larger effect on your volume and tone. Cabinets have sensitivity ratings expressed in dB. A cab with a sensitivity of, say, 103dB will generally be 3dB louder than one rated at 100dB. That 3dB is the same boost you'd get by doubling wattage with the "weaker" cabinet.

That said, there is no standard for these ratings. You have to listen to the cabinets with your amp to hear which is louder and gets your tone. In general, the Eden cabs are rated with higher sensitivity than the SWR, but you really can't go by the numbers alone.

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Rick,
    That's good info to have for sure. The listings for the Nemesis 2x10 vary from site to site I've found. One lists it at 4 ohms, with a 320 watt power handling. Others list it as an 8 ohm cab with a 200 watt power handling. I'm not sure which is true, though the Eden site has it listed at 8 ohms... I'm much more inclined to go with that info obviously. If the Eden cab is 8 ohms @ 200 watts, that's not any better power handling than my existing SWR cab. I'm guessing the Nemesis head w/Nemesis cab would bring out the best in the head, all things considered.

4. I've got an older Nemesis 2x10 extension cab. It's a really nice sounding small cab. It surprised me so much that I've held onto it for a while now.

However, mine is made from pressboard, so I treat it like walking on eggshells. I figure it's one of the cost cutting decisions. Not sure if the cirrent Nemesis cabs are also like this, but I'd be cautious if they are.