Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis 410 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tallboybass, Feb 27, 2003.

1. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Does anyone have experience with the Nemesis 410 cab as a standalone in a rock setting? I'm thinking about buying one of these because of weight issues. I'll be using a GK 800RB with it. How is the bottom end on this cab and how efficient are they? I mainly play 4 string.

Thanks, Alan

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Those cabs are okay, but at 62lbs it's still not light. There are some 2x10" cabs that may offer better performance and weigh less. Avatar offers a 2x10" cab that weighs 50lbs and is available in 4 ohms so you can get the max power from your amp and these cabs will handle it. At $229 plus shipping and an excellent return policy if you don't like it makes it worth checking out.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com:bassist: :bassist:

3. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks for your reply NeedMore, I hear the Avatars are a little weak on the low end as a standalone. I've also got a Mesa 15 that would work great with the 210 but I'd like to be able to use the smaller cab by itself and have full range. Have you played through the Avatar 212 cab? Dave lists the -3db @ 50 hz which would be sufficient, but it weighs 75 lbs. I was in a motorcycle accident and am trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. I tried the Ampeg PortaBass 212 and it was a little thin at high volume and wasn't efficient.

Alan

4. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    What's your budget? The best weight/performance cab available is the Euphonic Audio CXL112. They're 40lbs a piece. One gives exceptional performance, two will blow you away! What you hear about the Avatar being weak on the low end I suspect will be even worse with Nemesis.

5. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
  6. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    NeedMore, I just went to the EA website and I'm impressed. I see you have a CxL-112 for sale. Is it 8 ohm? Why are you selling?

Alan

7. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    The one I have is the older 50 lb version. The new ones are 10 lbs lighter. I'm using the EA CXL210's. They're heavy, but they sound great! Nothing wrong with the CXL112 though. Great cab!

8. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I just ordered a 210 from Dave @ Avatar. I e-mailed him, he called back the same day........and it's Sunday!!!

Thanks for the replies,
    Alan

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Oh man I'm too late.

My Nemisis 4x10 is now a monster after a simple inexpensive mod.

I disconnected the horn. That horn is no-where as good as the speakers. I then ran a parallel link to a PA horn. The result - that speaker is now a monster. It's loud, punchy, and lightweight for a 4x10. It doesn't have the bottoms of my 15 but it's pretty good. It's much better than my Eden 2x10 as a stand-alone.