Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis 410 combo..getting a bit warm!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bryndog, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Hey geezers & girls,
    Actually, "getting a bit warm" is an understatement.
    I have this Eden Nemesis 410 combo that I use for rehearsal and Live but I have run in to a bit of a problem. After about and hour and a half - 2 hours it gets too hot and cuts out.
    Now, I understand that this model has a thermostat of some form in it so nothing blows, but should it only be able to be on for unto 2 hours. I have placed a fan 6 inches away from the cooler on the back and that does seem to help a little, but should this happen.
    Should I only be able to play for 2 hours?

B :help:

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How old is yours?

They aparently had a problem with them and made some changes to correct that. If yours is an older model I suggest contacting Eden and asking them if they can help you upgrade some components. They have excellent customer service.

I have a 2-10 combo and I push it to its extreeme limits fully cranked for much longer than that on a regular basis and its never shut off.

3. Well I bought mine about 3 months ago, but I think that its an older model than what they are selling now. I bought it in the UK and they are not oficially on sale in the UK for a while but my local music shop must have bought one in to see how it was. Mine looks exactly the same as the nc250 but mine is a nc200, so I`m thinking that I have an older model amp.

I love this amp and dont want to get rid of it as it is just FAT. So I tried to get in touch with Eden Electronics via their new website that doesn't give an email address or telephone number yet, so I`m a bit stuffed at the moment.
    Any idea what they upgraded on the amp? Costs Involved?

Thanks for your response,
    B

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    In four years of ownership, I have had my shut down twice. Both times we were playing outside in the Middle East with the outside temperature hovering aorund 38c.

Sounds like you are really pushing it. What is your gain and master volume at when it quits?

Have you considered adding a preamp pedal between your bass and amp? A sansamp, or Aguilar/ Sadowsky really boosts the signal and makes a big difference.

5. Hey BMC,

I usually play with it pretty much flat across the board, so I guess that the gain and master would be at about half.

I play with a Pod sometimes but i dont expect that would make much of a difference to the running temperature.
    Would it ?.

The cutting out happens at about 2 hours continuous playing.
    So by Edens maunal, the internal temperature gets to 190f before it cuts out the internal speaker in 2 hours! Cant be right.

I just found a post on some lesser forum about a guy who had exacly the same problem and when he took it to Eden they fixed it while he waited, so I`m also waiting to hear back from him to find out what the problem was/is.
    I wont be driving to Eden as I live in the UK. Could be expensive postage and packing.

Cheers
    b

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I wish I still had my contact at Eden for you. I was in touch with them when I bought the amp as I wanted 110/240 switchable. I would check with them to see what mod you would need to fix. I wich I could give you more help.

I run mine flat as well and actually leave it on all night from sound check to shut down. I use a mute switch on my Sadowsky pedal.

Is the fan helping at all?

7. BMC,
    I think the fan did help a bit, but after the first time it cut out in rehearsal I was very careful to switch it off when we were having 5 mins sit down, so it probably had time to cool a little before the next tracks etc.

Contact at Eden would have been cool, but no probs man. Thanks for the thought.

b

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Does yours have a big heat sink in the back?

9. Nick man,

Yeah, it has a rectangular slatted heat sync on the back.
    The type that when you pick it up the wrong way round it takes your testicals off!
    Any Ideas?
    B

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ouch! Yup thats the one I was thinking of.

I dont know whats up with your amp since aparently these were added to the newer models to deal with the overheating issues they used to have.

I guess at this point trying to contact Eden is your best bet. I just noticed that they changed their website and the phone numbers arent listed yet. If I find their number saved somewhere on a receipt or something I'll post it.

11. Yup, I'm down to that too. If you do find the email/number at Eden I would much appreciate it. If not, no worries, I`ll get on the phone anywayand track down the support dept.

Thanks for the input nick man, I`ll let you know what happens.
    B

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hey Bryndog...I'm in your neck of the woods right now sitting in the BA lounge at Heathrow on my way to Hong Kong. There'll be a single malt in my hand after this post!

Send an email to BassNW telling them that you see them listed there as dealers and that you need a contact at Eden. Hopefully they will give you an email address. They're good guys.

Good luck.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Now that I think of it, Bass Central has helped me get in contact with Eden in tha past.

Try calling them: 1-800-545-8813

Ask for Gard, he's an active member on TB and has always been the one to help me out.

14. Hey BMC,
    I hope you enjoyed that single malt, man. I imagine you`d need it if you`re flying to Hong Kong!
    Thanks for the BassNW tip pal, I`m gonna give them a try and see how far I get. Thanks for all ya help on this one!
    Will let you know the outcome. Enjoy your trip.

Nick man, thanks to you too for all your help and that no. at Bass Central. I`ll try that too.
    "Got to attack on all fronts" - Dave Gorman - Googlewhack!

I will get this sorted!

B