Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Nemesis 410 & Eden Nemesis 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ODDBALL, May 14, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    what do you guys think about the Eden Nemesis 410
    And the Eden Nemesis 212 ? :) Good buy or not

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I used to own an NC210-P.
    I originally thought I wanted the NC212, but when I listened to both, the 212 just didn't seem to have the focus and punch in the low end and mid-bass that I like (it might be great for certain types of music, but not all -- for my tastes anyway).
    I never played the 410, but I'm sure it's a nice combo.

If you absolutely want a combo, it's a good choice.

For similar money you can put together a better system.
    BBE BMax (or 2nd hand SansAmp RBI) preamp +
    QSC RMX850 +

More power, better tone, more volume.
    Won't be quite as portable, but not bad.

Another good 2nd hand preamp option would be a Yamaha bass preamp (PB-1?...or whatever the model # is) for less money.

Avatar has some good specials on Ashdown heads as well (also less money for that system than the Nemesis NC410).

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Oddball;

Are you talking about the combos or the Nemesis cabinets? I believe (coreect me if I'm wrong) that Nemesis is making separate cabinets as well as the combos.

As far as the combos are concerned, I've played through the 4/10 combo in a music store and thought it sounded pretty darn good especially since it's all solid state. No experience with the cabinets.

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I currently own a Nemesis NC410P combo. It's a fine combo amp - one of the best you can find for its price range. But I like lo-freq's idea better: the QSC/RBI/Avatar NEO combination...

In fact, maybe I should do that myself... :meh:

MM

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    OT:
    I really like the Blake quote in your sig.