1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden Nemesis NA650??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Apr 11, 2006.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well in my search for new gear and all, trying to find my sound and what not. As well as getting my car within the next 2 months I have decided that I need to get a portable/Modular rig.

The search continues for a nice powered head to drive most likely 2 1x12's (aguliar and bag end are my 2 top contenders for the cab selection, just need some more research on a head)

I did a few searches on the eden NA650. Basically all that came up was that it sounds lots like the wt550(a good thing from what I have read). And that it weighs more then what the eden website lists it as, as well as having more inputs and what not.

But other than that I did not find any reviews, I checked bgra.net, harmony central and the gear review section here on TB and nothing. I think this amp is a good contender and would like some input from people who have played it or use one full time.

I know there are other amps out there that are light weight, same price range, ect but I have not heard a whole lot of news about this amp and am interested.

Thanks!

-Rob

2. I personally like them...Nemesis to me has an extremely similar sound to eden amps, and they are cheaper :)

3. I bought a new 650 a few weeks ago.

Sounded pretty good, but is was not 18lbs as advertised. It weighed exactly 28lbs, 2oz on my digi scale!

That little thing was awkward to move around. I returned it for a refund. (which I'm still waiting for)

It did seem nicely built with nice features tho. And it was cheap!

If you get one, you won't believe how bright the blue "NEMESIS" light is. LOL

4. Mine should be here tomorow! *excite'd!!!*

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I played the NA320 a little bit at my local music store. I own a wt550 and there was a metro combo right next to the 320 in the store. The most similar thing between the nemesis and the eden is the construction and choice of chasis, knobs, etc... I think it sounded dryer that the wt550, kinda like a 550 with the tube removed (i.e. if it was all SS). The bottom was NOT as full as the 550, but the mids and highs were clearer than the 550, I think... maybe I'll have to listen again. I still like the 550!! :hyper:

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I had one and I'm sorry I sold it (to Tampabass here on TB). It's a GREAT head. It sounds more like the WT550 than the NA320 does mostly due to the extra power to drive the lows and also the "Edge" control which is a tube emulation circuit. It's a great head. Go for it! Maybe Tampabass will chime in here...