1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden Nemesis NC-200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CactusBass, Jan 14, 2012.

1. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Have an opportunity to pick one of these up...anyone have experience? It seems pretty cheap so I think I will go for it, just wanted input or experience anyways to be 100%..

2. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I owned and played one of these in the early/mid 90's. Very decent 4x10 combo with solid features. The 4x10 is somewhat large-ish for a combo, and its a bit underpowered at 200w, but has an 1/4" ext out to drive another cab if you like. I seem to recall that there was a 2x10 version that probably made more sense. Compressor and DI are nice quality for the price level and the amp has that very distinctive Eden sound. The EQ section is a bit limited, 2 knob sweepable freq and level arrangement, but you can get very workable tones out of this amp. I don't recall having any issues with mine other than it being somewhat lacking in power.

Good luck and enjoy!

3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Looking at the 1x15 just to clarify...

4. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Thanks for the input!

5. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    got it. The amp section will be the same so my comments on that still stand. I'm guessing you will find the 1x15 format more useful than the 4x10 version I had.

Very easy entry price to the Eden line even new. The used price is probably very attractive.

enjoy

6. I had the 2x10 and the 1x15.

I loved the 1x15... It was the first lighter amp. I loved the sound.

The only think you have to watch out for is some rattling of the cabinet.

They put a cover over the electronics on the newer ones...

Make sure it has the heat sink on the back...

7. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Just to clarify what am I looking at to have heat sink? Are you talking about internal components?

8. No, it should be on the backside of the amp.

They can run a bit hot otherwise...

9. Hey guys. I know this thread was posted many moons ago, but I’ve got an overheating issue with my NC-200. I’ve got the 2X10 side by side version.
    After a few hours, I can cook an egg omelette with a side of bacon nicely on this thing. The only way around it, is to have a floor fan blasting at the back to keep her cool. I’ve noticed the more recent models have a built in fan to get fresh air inside.

So, what’s a fix to this? An amp tech once told me that mine is on the way out; hence why it’s starting to cook more than normal. Do I bother getting it fixed, or spend the money getting a new head and cab?